CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (
-   Ask CruiseMates Staff (
-   -   cruise compete (

lovestheocean April 25th, 2006 05:41 PM

cruise compete
I was wondering if anyone has had success with cruise compete. I received a good price for a cruise through them and am a little concerned about booking through an online agency. Any input would be appreciated.

Mike M April 25th, 2006 06:36 PM

All responses from Cruise Compete come from licensed sellers of travel. Almost all people have had good luck with Cruise Compete.

With all agents make sure that you pay with a credit card and that the charges are made to the cruise line and not to the agency. Also make sure you receive your cruise line booking number after making your initial payment.

You should also make sure that the price quoted includes ALL costs including all taxes and port charges for the category cabin you requested.

It is also a good idea to get the name and contact information on who to contact in the event your agent is unavailable if and when you need them.

Take care,

lovestheocean April 25th, 2006 07:47 PM

Thank you for your input! It's appreciated.

Darcy April 26th, 2006 10:14 AM

I've used the service and have been very happy with the agents and the service I received.

LisaK April 27th, 2006 02:32 PM

What i like about them is that you are dealing with an actual travel agency, and not some unknown wholesaler.