Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 5th, 2006, 07:44 AM
Beginner

Default How to Pick a Deck for a Balcony Cabin

Can you give me some advice on which decks to pick or avoid picking when selecting a balcony cabin... on RCCL Navigator.. Hump and aft already taken so will have to be a regular balcony... also forward or aft or middle of ship... pros and cons...
Sponsored Links
Old May 5th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

If sea-sickness is any problem, then look for a cabin mid-ship, less moving feeling. Always look at the deck plans when picking a specific cabin, for less noise, try to get one with both guest cabins below and above. Look where the stairs/elevators are located if you need to be closer to them.

We spend a good amount of time on the pool deck and buffet, they are always one of the highest decks, so we like to be close to them as well.

Just do your homework and I'm sure you'll find the perfect cabin in the right location.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 5th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Admiral

totally agree with Donna, look at the deck plans, see what is above and below, where the stairs and elevators are.
Midships, mideck cabins are the most stable. The higher you go the more movement you will feel.
Old May 7th, 2006, 12:36 AM
Cruise Maniac

Welcome aboard K-9!
Correct on all replies to your inquiry. Mid ship - Mid deck best pick for comfort and convenience; rear of ship you may hear the droll humming of the engines; highest decks sometimes give in to some sway from strong winds or in rain storm or just rolling seas. Inside cabins are more stable and move less, but I did that cabin category once and never again. It's great if you're a sleep-in cruiser and don't care for the light of day..."he who hoots with the owls at night, cannot soar with the eagles by morning". Experience for many years has convinced me that no matter what the destination or season, nothing compares to a balcony stateroom, preferably mid ship and not below night clubs, theatres, arcades, dining rooms, sports bars & activity areas....you will hear the action overhead. Actually I prefer any level below the pool (quiet at night - nothing is open on those decks!) or on a level between two other stateroom only decks. Once you cruise in a balcony cabin, you'll understand what we mean! Hope we helped!

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not really wasted at all" ~ John Lennon
Carnival Victory to N/E & Canada 7 days