Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 6th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Beginner

Default Single mom 35 with 2 children looking for cruise

I am a Single mom 35 with 2 children(age 7 and 4) looking for a cruise where my children can have fun and where I will be able to meet other singles. Are there any special singles with kids cruises?
Sponsored Links
Old May 6th, 2006, 11:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Welcome to the family, Victoria!
I am not aware of any mostly "singles"/"single parent" cruise ships although most of the cruise lines today have "day camp" activities for kids of all ages where your children can stay busy, have fun, explore & learn, creativity and talent focused structured schedules that I would like to join! It's so true - "youth is wasted on the young"! They will be out of your sight in safe environments most of the day, leaving you free to mingle and get acquainted with other guests - ask questions, strike up a casual conversation, hang out by the pool, or sun deck or any activity where other adults converge and make a connection so you can start the information extraction process - the go in for the KILL....demand to get hooked up!

No, really, in the evening activities for adults, you will meet other people and hook up....the ships have night babysitting for your kids after they have become exhausted from the long days events. Roam from one club to another until you make eye contact with an unsuspecting beast of prey...or just approach the person who looks like he's lost and lonely and offer to buy him a drink (then make your move)

Of course I am being silly........it's my way of easing into conversation without agenda or commitment! You need to have a point of reference as I stated in the first paragraph of this msg. Also, search all msg boards here and post a "new topic" - initiate a message that will draw other members to your topic and offer suggestions and sound advice. If I can help in any way, please reply to me via e-mail or private message to maintain your privacy off the common post board. I don't mind and I would guide you with honesty and from my own experiences.

Get started, girlfriend.....time's a-wastin'!

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not really wasted at all" ~ John Lennon
Carnival Victory to N/E & Canada 7 days
Old May 7th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Victoria:

I've cruised with my husband and kids and with just my kids. For some reason its seems that the shorter cruises (4-5 days) attract more singles, although we've have met some on 7 day cruises. The best way for your kids to meet others their own age is in the camp programs.

Darcy
Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03