Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 21st, 2006, 05:19 PM
Beginner

Default First time cruiser with children

My family has been on many cruises with and without our 2 small children. We are planning a trip in April (Carnival Imagination) with our friends and their 2 children, ages 6 & 8. My friend is terrified of going with his kids. He thinks it is very dangerous and something could happen to his kids. I tried to tell him that it is safe and the kids would not be unattended. Any suggestions or useful info I can pass to him would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old May 21st, 2006, 06:29 PM
Admiral

Hi Nerak (or would that be Karen?) ,

Have your friend read the info about Camp Carnival on their website.

Besides all of the fun activities, this is very important for the children's safety:

Quote:
Our junior cruisers must be signed in at all times while attending Camp Carnival.
The 6 & 8 year old will be together in the Junior Cruisers group.

Here's the link to that page, if you don't already have it:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_T...s/Juniors.aspx

I've never heard of a child having a problem in Camp Carnival. In fact, most parents have to drag them out because they're having such a great time!

IMO, this is a wonderful age for a child to start cruising. They're old enough not to need their parents all the time and will remember this vacation forever!

Hope you will all have a wonderful cruise!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old May 23rd, 2006, 10:23 AM
Admiral

When your children are not in Camp Carnival (they watch them like hawks), the same parenting skills you have on land apply to the ship, supervise them and know where they are at all times. Most parents, when cruising, keep a very watchful eye on their children. The children you see running around alone are in the minority. I have been sailing alone with my grandson since he was 7 years old and never had a problem on the ship or on any of our shore excursions. We have seen wonderful, magical islands and snorkeled beautiful waters together. If he is in the game room, I'm in the game room, if he wants ice cream, I go with him, I have never allowed him to roam the ship on his own. Now that he is a teenager, he still LOVES to cruise with me, it's his favorite vacation ever.