Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 29th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Beginner

Default Is it rough seas sailing from New York to Caribbean?

Hello, I am planning my honeymoon for next year. I am looking into the Crown Princess sailing from New York City to the Caribbean departing on May 30, 2007. Are there rough seas in that area at that time of year? If so, do you feel it? My fiancee is afraid of getting seasick.
Thank you,
John
Sponsored Links
Old June 29th, 2006, 11:32 PM
Passenger

Default SEA SICKNESS

I ALWAYS (I'M 45) GET SEA SICKNESS. I'VE GOTTEN THE "TRANSDERM" PATCH FROM MY DOCTOR AND NEVER FELT A THING. I JUST CHANGED IT EVERY 3 DAYS AMD NO PROBLEM. TRUST ME I AM A PROFESSTIONAL MOTION SICKNESS PERSON.
Old July 6th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi John,We have sailed out of New York several times.We have hit choppy not rough seas coming out of NY harbor only because you have three river going into the ocean at almost the same spot.As far as feeling it you will a little,being a first timer out of NY you may feel it more then others.
As for the seasickness when you get on the ship you can go to the Pursers desk[hotel desk]and ask them for seasick pills [free]and if you think you need them you can take them.
Have a great cruise.
Old July 7th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Admiral

John - there really is no telling, you might run into a rough patch here and there or it could be totally smooth sailing! Tell your fiance not to worry, the ships have wonderful stabalizers, she will feel some motion, you are on a moving vessel! IF you fiance is prone to SEVERE motion sickness when she rides in a car or travels on an airplane then she should get to her doctor and get a prescription for the patch. For the queezies- which is what the vast majority of passengers get she can try either the SeaBands or Bonnine. IF she goes the Bonnine route, take it a couple of weeks before the cruise for a day or two just to see if she has any sideffects.