Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

Old June 30th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default lower cruise rates after booking

While researching the cruise rates for a neighbor that wants to travel with us I realized that the agency we booked with now has a lower rate for this cruise. Do we request it from them? I know I wouldn't ask to have it raised if that was the case. Just wondering......... Our final payment is due July 31st
Old June 30th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Admiral

It can't hurt to contact the agency, but don't get your hopes up. The discounted rate may not be for the same type cabin you have booked, etc.
Usually the "specials" do not apply to previously booked cruises. However, there have been times my TA was able to pass the discount on to me.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old June 30th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Familiar Face

I boked a Princess cruise with my agebt on a one-day sale that was promotional between that agent and that cruiseline. She pacifically asked the cruiseline agent if this sale still qualified for the "lower rate adjustment". If I find my same cruise, same cabin has dropped in price then I just need to contact my agwnt to get it adjusted. My agent is also good at watching the prices closely up to the date of my cruise.
So, do ask questions to your agent...all questions, and you will probably get the most out of your cruise booking experience.
Crown Princess, Southern Caribbean, April/07 - Fun In The Sun
Brilliance Of The Seas, Partial Panama, March/08 - Here We Go Again!
Vision Of The Seas, Mexico, Dec/08 - 50th Birthday
Old July 2nd, 2006, 10:37 PM
Passenger

We sailed RCCL for a week in early June. We booked in Feb (I think) through a major on-line travel agency. (Travelocity). Twice before the final payment was due the prices came down and the agency coordinated a lower rate with RCCL. The 1st decrease was very significant for promenade rooms and less for balcony, but we were VERY pleased. The 2nd decrease was much smaller, but also welcome. It can't hurt to try.
Old July 3rd, 2006, 09:22 PM
Admiral

Hi valtime,

There shouldn't be any problem in getting the new price, UNLESS, as Mary Lou said, the "special" only applies to new bookings or specific cabins, as long as you are before final payment.

The price on our next cruise has dropped twice and we had no problem getting the new price with our TA.

Also, as Mary Lou said, it can't hurt to ask! On our last cruise the price went down but our TA wasn't able to get the new price. She DID get us some OBC which covered the difference.

IMO, having a good TA is the key!
SunPrincess2006NCLDream&
CaribbeanPrincess2007NCLDawn&
IslandPrincess2008IslandPrincess&
GoldenPrincess2009CarnivalConquest&
GrandPrincess2010IslandPrincess&
GrandPrincess2011CarnivalMagic&
CarnivalDream2012IslandPrincess&
CarnivalMagic2013CarnivalLegend2014&
CarnivalMagic&CoralPrincess2015
CarnivalLiberty&CaribbeanPrincess2016
EmeraldPrincess2017 Island Princess2018