Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 10th, 2006, 10:22 PM
Beginner

Default power strips , hair dryers, etc ??????

hi first time cruiser. all this talk about power strips and such. do they provide hair dryers? how about lotions and shampoos? with this highten security, i'm not sure i want to bother with any more liquids than we have too.

do they really have limited number of outlets? we will need a spot for two camera battery rechargers, a razor and maybe a cell phone recharger. thanks
Sponsored Links
Old August 10th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to megs1787

Hi packer backer,

I have been on several cruises and have never taken power strips or a hair dryer. What cruise line will you be going on?? I have been on both Royal Caribbean and Carnival and never needed a hair dryer. As for a power strip, unless you need to have all of those items plugged in at once, you dont really need one. On my last cruise, I went with my family and we had 3 phones, 2 ipods, 3 camaras, a razor, and hot rollers and never had an issue with not enough outlets. You just have to switch off what is charging and not charging. Hope this helps!!
Megan
Carnival Miracle 2004
Carnival Inspiration 2005
RCCL Explorer of the Seas 2006
Carnival Destiny 2007
Old August 10th, 2006, 10:48 PM
Beginner

Default thanks

thanks megan. we will be on princess going to alaska. i guess we wouldn't need everything at once, but i've read so many posts about the shortage i've wondered.
Old August 11th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Admiral

On Carnival, there is one outlet in the bathroom that is for electric razors only. In the stateroom itself, there is only one outlet. I don't bring a power strip but I do bring a multi-outlet adapter (doesn't take up much room in my luggage and very inexpensive) so I can blow dry my hair (alway bring my own hair dryer) and warm up my curling iron at the same time and the person I'm traveling with can use their appliances at the same time. My daughter packs a small fan and my grandson is a gamer and takes his Nintendo equipment, etc., all these items need charging. The cruise lines have liquid soap and shampoo in containers on the wall in the shower (Carnival has Dove products). If you have any allergies to certain products, purchase small plastic travel containers from Wal-Mart and bring your own onboard.
Old August 11th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Admiral

"packer" - on Princess you will have a hair dryer- it isn't very poweful, so if you have long, thick, coarse or curly hair you would be better off bringing your own hairdryer. Princess does supply shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and soap. The shampoo/conditoner is not salon quality but it is good. You will have one outlet in the bathroom that is non-polarized and one outlet in your stateroom. We have not felt the need to bring a powerstrip, or extension cord. What you should bring is a small night lite for the bathroom and a travel alarm clock.