Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 14th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Familiar Face

Default Child prices at Speciality restaurants

Good Morning Everyone : On Sept 28 we are sailing on the Norweigian Sun through the Panama Canal. We intend to try at least the staek house and the Italian restaurant. Does NCL have special prices for children . Our 30 month old grand daughter will be with us and her parents are concerned about paying 20 dollars for a child who will very likely eat next to nothing .
Thank you Olbert
Sponsored Links
Old September 14th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

As far as I know there are no "child prices" for the specialty restaurants.

They may want to consider hiring an in cabin babysitter for that evening, and enjoy the fine dining experience as adults.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old September 14th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Passenger

My husband and I sailed on the Dawn a couple of years ago and that was our concern as well. The Dawn had a special kids buffet area-complete with all the staples: mac and cheese, chicken fingers, hot dogs. french fries etc...Our servers in the specialty restaurants were able to get our kids whatever was in the buffet for that night. Maybe your ship has the same thing? I would just ask-I am sure they will accomodate you somehow!
Old September 14th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Admiral

Unfortunately in-cabin sitting is not an option on NCL. I do believe they charge a lesser amount for children in the speciality restaurants, I cannot recall the details but I know we considered taking our 3 and 5 year olds with us and had discussed the possibility with the restaurant host in Shogun. Which to be honest would have been a complete waste of money for our kids. They would never eat any of the stuff on the speciality restaurants menus, and I didn't think to ask if they could order from the kids regular menu.
As it turned out, the kids loved the kids corner offerings on the buffet and we would get them dinner about 6:00 p.m. at the buffet and they could eat and then at 7:00 we would let them spend a few hours at the kids club while d/h and I enjoyed a wonderful, romantic dinner in the speciality restaurants. It worked well for us.
NCL's kid's club's accept children as young as 2 and I can tell you the kids love it. Mine are always upset when we come to pick them up at the end of the evening. They will also give you a pager in case they need to reach you.

It's strange on conventional cruises without freestyle dining our kids love getting dressed up for formal nights and eating with the grown-ups. But they also love eating their kid food and getting to go play, so whatever you choose to do, it sounds like a win-win situation