Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 8th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Beginner

Default brooklyn pier 12 red hook /going to jfk

star princess-docks at brooklyn- our flight has been changed to 1130 leaving jfk-will we be able to get off ship by 9am-we will walk our luggage off and try to get a cab from the curb -has anyone been on the star princess out of brooklyn -how long on a saturday does it take to get to airport from brooklyn[/b]
Sponsored Links
Old October 11th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Passenger

We were on the Crown Princess 9/21. We had green 4 luggage tickets.

We docked at 7:00 a.m. and were off the ship at 10:30. If my memory serves me correctly the earliers folks were off the ship was about 9:00. Here is the problem. Taxi line is extremely long. I would say folks waited in line for nearly an hour for a taxi. If you get off at 9:00 got your bags and a cab by 10:00. JKF is about 45 minutes. We did this on a Thursday and traffic wasn't bad and it took us about 45 minutes. That makes you at JFK by 10:45. Problem is you need to be at the airport by 10:30 to make a 11:30 FLIGHT.

I would say you are pushing it too much.

We had a car service pick us up and we still waited nearly 1 hour for a car and 45 minutes to JFK. We had a 3:00 flight and only had about 1 1/2 hours in JFK.

I would look for a 1:00 or later flight.

Don