Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 15th, 2006, 02:45 PM
Passenger

Default Port of Miami...FLL airport

Cruising in February and having trouble with flights. If we are cruising on the Century (YES...first time on Celebrity!!!) and arrive at 7 in Miami, can we make a noon flight out of Fort Lauderdale without panicking? (We'll have two special needs young adults so transitions need to be smooth)

Is it best to rent a car from Hertz to head to the airport or are there dependable limos to reserve (which/how to find?) or take a taxi? There will be 4 of us.

Many thanks...need to get these flights settled fast!

Puggles
Old October 15th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Fort Lauderdale transportation is easy and plentiful. Both taxi and van services are available at the port and the airport is about 10 minutes from the pier. You can make a noon flight time.

The big question is the special needs children. Do they require assistance with motorized chairs or other things that could significantly hold up your disembarkation.

I would request early disembarkation from the Pursers Desk shortly after boarding and also on the form that will be delivered to your cabin.

If you require a handicap accessible van than you may have to make special arrangements or arrange for cruise line transfers.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 15th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Passenger

Thanks Mike...neither has physcial issues - mental retardation so transitions that are not well orchestrated are an issue. I will ask the purser for early debarkation...thank you for the thought.

But what I am wondering is if we cruise out of/into Port of Miami....can we make a flight at noon out of Fort Lauderdale. I'm not sure of the transfer time or method from Miami up to the Fort Lauderdale airport.

Puggles
Old October 15th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

I always fly into FFL (prefer it over Miami). You should have no problem catching a flight as early as 11 am (as long as you are in port on time). There are plenty of taxi and you can arrange a shuttle/limo service also (check out www.floridalimo.com) . It is about 45 minutes to 1 hr from the Port of Miami to FFL airport.

Sovereign - 3/99
Paradise - 4/00
Majesty - 11/00
Monarch - 12/02 (XMAS)
Radiance - 8/03 (AK) & 11/03
Adventure - 4/04, 3/05, 8/06
Navigator - 11/05
Century - 12/06
Serenade - 3/07

Adventure of the Seas

Serenade of the Seas
Old October 15th, 2006, 11:20 PM