Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 25th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Passenger

Default Best mode of travel from Houston to Galveston

I'm planning a cruise out of Galveston, but I'll be flying into Houston Intercontinental or Houston Hobby, depending on which is the best place to get transportation to Galveston a day before the cruise. I need some ideas on who can get me there at a reasonable cost. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old November 27th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Admiral

I don't know of a regularly scheduled mode of transportation to Galveston from the airports, but you may check out Galveston Limonsine Service and HoustonLimosineSearch . com In case you don't know, Houston Hobby Airport (HOU) is closer to Galveston than Bush Intercontinental (IAH). There are fewer carriers flying into/out of Hobby, however.

Galveston Limo is the one that came to mind first, but a google search brought up the second site. Good luck! If I can help with anything else, just ask. I live in the area, so I may know the answer, somewhat.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old November 27th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

We did two one-way car rentals in August from Hobby to Galveston and back through Enterprise. The cost was about $80.00 total compared to $200.00 ($50 x 4 people) through Galvestonlimo. And we had the advantage of transportation around the city the night and morning before the cruise. It worked really well for us.
Old November 27th, 2006, 11:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

We also rented a car; it was the most economical choice.

Monarch of the Seas - December 2006
Elation - April 2006
Sensation - May 2005
Old December 5th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Beginner

Blue Shuttle just began serving Houston airports. They could be an inexpensive alternative.