Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 29th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Beginner

Default Passport question

We are meeting an Italian couple to cruise the Western Caribbean on RCCL in Februaray out of Miami.

The couple has requested through their government that their passports be approved in Italy to allow a visit to the U.S. due to their arrival by air to Miami.

I am wondering about the ports of call i.e. Mexico, Jamaica, Cayman Is. Will they be required to have their passports cleared for those places as well?
Sponsored Links
Old November 29th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Administrator
Admiral

This is a question they should ask their travel agent or the agent they purchased the cruise from.

I do not believe any visas are required for Italians to travel to the ports named on the itinerary but they should check with their own government agency that is equal to the State Department.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 29th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Beginner

Thanks Mike.

It so happens that I am the one who has purchased the cruise tickets for them here in the U.S. My agent mentioned that they should secure visas for those stops.

It seems to me that they would just need to get into the U.S. with their visa which they have made provisions for. I don't recall having to present any passport during a Western cruise at ports in the past. But, its been a long time since I cruised that route.