CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Ask CruiseMates Staff (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/)
-   -   finding someone you met onboard (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/325279-finding-someone-you-met-onboard.html)

beckysharlene December 30th, 2006 07:53 PM

finding someone you met onboard

I met a guy on the Carnival Liberty and am having so much trouble finding his email right now. I know his deck level and I only know his first name which makes it more difficult because the guest relations rep from Carnival said you need their last name in order to search for them? Is there any way they can go around this ? I'm planning on calling back with a few possible last names.. I believe they really are my only source of his contact info.. Can anybody help? Other ideas?

Thanks.

Donna January 1st, 2007 07:20 AM

Was this person a passenger or a crew member? If a crew member, there is a special board here just for that.

beckysharlene January 1st, 2007 11:49 AM

He was a passenger

Donna January 1st, 2007 05:11 PM

Even if you had his entire name, I highly doubt the cruiseline would give you any information on him, address, etc...

Hope you are able to get in touch with him somehow. Did he have your e-mail address or phone number?

beckysharlene January 1st, 2007 05:51 PM

Fortunately the guest relations rep said they could give him my info for him to contact me if he chooses.

No we didn't exchange emails/phone numbers. Never really said goodbye actually :(

Donna January 1st, 2007 07:44 PM

Hi Becky,
Glad guest relations could do that, got my fingers crossed that you do hear from him soon....let us know, OK?

Pierce January 2nd, 2012 05:55 PM

i found a friend on the norwegian star we are both 12 and he lives and michigan he was on flor five and i think his room number was 5091 his name is josh please help how do i find his last name!?

dec. 25 2011--jan. 1 2011

Paul Motter February 10th, 2012 07:23 PM

Sorry Pierce it just isn't that easy. These days all companies really protect their client information (thank goodness) .....

.... until they can sell it for the right price :cool:

Stephania June 25th, 2012 07:57 PM

Becky You aren't the only one , I met a guy and didn't get his name ... Maybe I did but I don't rememeber .
I want to find him so bad , I just feel like I should. I know he knows my name and age but men don't search for women so I think.

Paul Motter June 26th, 2012 12:36 PM

What's the lesson here????

Get their names while you can.

I am sorry but there really no way - except that you can post here and on other boards and see if maybe they happen to read them, but its a long shot. Most cruisers actually don't read that many message boards.

KellyKayden July 2nd, 2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephania (Post 1434428)
Becky You aren't the only one , I met a guy and didn't get his name ... Maybe I did but I don't rememeber .
I want to find him so bad , I just feel like I should. I know he knows my name and age but men don't search for women so I think.

I had met 2 people from overseas that i didn't exchange info with (no bad reason, just didn't) and they both found me. The internet is pretty cool sometimes...lol

One of the guys who was part of our cruisemates group had been on nearly 100 cruises and i was trying to learn some tips from him for the future. One thing he did was make up little "business cards" with his email and name on it to give to people he wanted to keep in contact with. I thought that was a pretty good idea!