Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Passenger

Default Please Help - Taking kids on senior cruise

We have booked aboard the Celebration out of Jacksonville on May 19th. This is for my daughters senior trip. Right now we have 5 adults going and about 12 or 13 kids. We are booked 2 to a room - double occupancy. Each person booked their own room. We are doing this directly through Carnival and I'm using an agent that I have used for our last two cruises. My problem is - everywhere I look including the Carnival website it talks about not being able to board if you are under 21 unless you are in the same stateroom as a parent or a guardian. Well the past 2 years it has been just my family and me & my husband stayed in one room and our 2 kids in the one beside us..of course it was booked as an adult and child in each room. The agent we are using with Carnival assures me this will be NO PROBLEM - since he has us booked all on the same hall in a row. But what if we drive to Jacksonville and someone is turned away? Anyway you look at it there will not be an adult in each room - there would be no way possible with double occupancy and this is what we are paying for. He said we may want to get a notarized letter from each parent stating they are allowed to board the ship with us...but that still doesn't answer my question and I can't get anything in writing from him saying they will be able to be in a room without an adult. I know that seniors go on cruises all the time and that they don't have adults in the rooms - but I don't know how they book - it may be through a travel agency. What are your opinions on this? It is important that we know for sure - because we don't want to get down to Jacksonville and have a mess. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old January 29th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Admiral

gamon - you need to have an adult "registered" in each room with the teens under 21. This doesn't mean that they have to stay in the room with the teens, once aboard all you need to do is go to the purser's desk and have your room cards changed, families do this all the time.