Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 5th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Beginner

Default August honeymoon--HELP!

I posted this in another section before I saw this area. Anyway, my daughter has asked me to help find her and her fiance a honeymoon cruise. They are getting married August 10, so they are available the 11 or 12. The dilema is where. I fear the carribiean will be too hot. I understand that Alaska is great, but they could not afford the land package. I know nothing about Bermdua, would it have the same flavor of a carribean cruise? Is it laid back and fun for 25 year olds? Any suggestions or ideas would be so welcomed!
Debbie
Sponsored Links
Old February 5th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I suggest a Western Caribbean on Royal Caribbean or Carnival. A seven day cruise will give them time to enjoy their honeymoon plus enjoy the beaches and activities, and water of the Caribbean Islands.

The Radiance class of Royal Caribbean are some of the most beautiful ships at sea. The Voyager and Freedom class of ships on Royal Caribbean have activities that will fulfill the most active to those who just want time to themselves.

Carnival will give them fun and great food plus larger ships with a wide variety of activities.

All of these ships and cruises can be done at a fairly reasonable price. Check around with some agents and see what you come up with.

I personally feel Bermuda may be a bit laid back for them but if they want something more laid back then that is OK but they will spend more money on shore and use the ship as a "floating" hotel.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 6th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Admiral

Mike gave you some great suggestions for a cruise. The temps in the Caribbean don't vary a huge amount thru the year. It will be warm its summer after all. It will be the hottest on shore in town. There is always a breeze off the water on the ship. I would stay away from Bermuda in August, mainly because if an Atlantic coastal storm/hurricane comes around, there is nothing to protect Bermuda its just out there.
Royal Caribbean would be my first line choice - the Voyager or Freedom class of ships.
Old February 6th, 2007, 09:31 AM
First Mate

in my humble opinion, bermuda has the most beautiful beaches in the world -- pink sand, clear blue water. horseshoe beach is wonderful and easily reached by pink bus from downtown hamilton. bermuda is laid back, for sure, but it has great shops, a goodly amount of history, and is walkable, e.g. take a self-guided tour of st. george's. ships dock in downtown hamilton and st. george's, and even if your ship puts in at the fort, the water taxi to town is fun, fast, and very, very scenic -- and inexpensive -- a great way to see hamilton harbor. as for temperature, bermuda, because it is out in the atlantic, is never really hot, just warm and perfect. i've cruised there twice and would do it again in a heartbeat.