Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2007, 10:45 AM
Admiral

Default HAL - Has Diving on Halfmoon Cay Resumed

Anyone know whether HAL has resumed offering SCUBA on Halfmoon Cay again?
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2007, 06:25 AM
Admiral

I could be wrong, but it was my understanding that the program was no longer being offered. My guess is that they didn't have sufficient interest to make it worthwhile to keep a divemaster based there. The problem with HAL's dive program on HMC was that they only offered it to certified divers. They didn't do a Discover SCUBA program. Then, to make matters worse, the dive offered was a rather shallow one ... not something most certified divers would be challenged with.

If they had offered a Discover SCUBA program, I think they would have had lots of participation in the dive program on HMC.

Blue skies ...

--rita
Old February 27th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Indeed what you say is what I suspected. But shallow is a good thing if no hyperbaric chamber close by - also good for kiddos, the Intro class and refreshers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryos
I could be wrong, but it was my understanding that the program was no longer being offered. My guess is that they didn't have sufficient interest to make it worthwhile to keep a divemaster based there. The problem with HAL's dive program on HMC was that they only offered it to certified divers. They didn't do a Discover SCUBA program. Then, to make matters worse, the dive offered was a rather shallow one ... not something most certified divers would be challenged with.

If they had offered a Discover SCUBA program, I think they would have had lots of participation in the dive program on HMC.

Blue skies ...

--rita
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas