Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 26th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Beginner

Default best cruise to avoid seasickness

I've only gone on 2 cruises: western caribbean on caribbean princess and alaskan passage on celebrity summit. The first was smooth as silk seas and the second was very rough and choppy. Any suggestions on cruise locations that characteristically have more smooth seas? Was considering flying to hawaii and then hopping around islands on NCL, but have heard that is choppy too.
Sponsored Links
Old February 26th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

All of my Southern Caribbean cruises have been smooth as silk, you may want to give one of those a try?? My last two Westerns have also been smooth, but have had them rough as well, its really hard to tell if the seas will be smooth or not.

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 28th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Admiral

i agree with Donna, the Southern Route tends to be the smoothest. We have had Eastern, Western that were also very smooth, you can never predict what Mother Nature will be doing.
Old March 9th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Passenger

beekid,

When I read the topic, I was going to suggest Alaska (Inside Passage). Since we were so close to land for most of the cruise, it was very smooth. We went at the beginning of August. When was your Alaskan cruise? Was it the Inside Passage? I hear it can be rough outside.
With the ocean, I don't think you can ever be sure how smooth or rough it will be. On a recent Caribbean cruise, the sea would be like glass and then a late afternoon squall would change everything. It didn't usually last long though.
Old March 9th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Admiral

Try going on one of the 140,000 mega ships They must be alot easier
on the rocking part
Old March 10th, 2007, 01:36 AM
First Mate

Default best cruise to avoid seasickness

beekid, we did the fly and cruise to Hawaii last June, and had no choppy sea, although as posted previously, any sea on any given day.....

crabbie1