Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Familiar Face

Default finding a mid-sized ship

Is there a good resource for finding a list of mid-sized ships (i.e. 1200-1800 passengers) other than going to every cruiseline site and reading about every single ship? Or can you recommend a few good mid-sized ships?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2007, 12:47 AM
Admiral

These are a little smaller than you mentioned but the Regent Seven Seas Mariner and Voyager are 700 passengers each with size being 49,000 and 42,000 GRT, respectively. Many of the mid-size ships in the 1200-1500 passenger size are same size; just more passengers.

Last Conde Nast had list of top mid-sized ships; this would be a good place to start you search. Here is the link to their best mid-sized ships:

http://www.concierge.com/bestof/cruisepoll/mediumships

You can also check out their other lists. As for other cruise lines in the 1200-1800 size, I would start by looking at HAL and Celebrity as they have many in that size.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old March 8th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Administrator
Admiral

The better mid-sized ships are the ones that Marc pointed out:

Regent Seven Seas:
Celebrity Century, Mercury and Galaxy,
Holland America S Class:
Oceania, Princess "R" Ships

Seabourn and Silverseas.

Seabourn, Silverseas will fall into the high end luxury with Regent not too far behind but more affordable. Oceania is between luxury and Premimium and Holland America, Princess and Celebrity falling into the Premium category.

There are other alternatives but these are the ones that come off the top of my head.

Take care,
Mike (Who also likes the mid-sized ships)

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 8th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Admiral

The old Carnival Jubilee was around 1400 passengers...the perfect size, in my book. I've also found their Sensation, Elation etc. to be a slightly larger, but still manageable size. I have some mobility problems and the mega ships are just too much for me.
Marty