Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 10th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Port Everglades...Good time to arrive?

Hi all,

Once again, I am asking the experts. I know that this question has been answered but I can't find it. We are leaving from Fort Lauderdale, going down the day before and it's the first time to stay in a hotel there. I am wondering what is a good time to get to the port.....I know they say 1pm but we always go early anyway. Also know that each embarking city is different, some much more hectic that others. I'd like to get some input as I know that many people leave from that port. We are going on Caribbean Princess, so I know it will be crowded. Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Old April 10th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Admiral

We sailed out of Port Everglades twice and found that we were very thankful to have arrived early both times. The first time we arrived at 11:00. When we came back from that cruise we waited as long as possible then disembarked and walked down to the next terminal to get on another ship at about 10:00 a.m. We were on the ship within 45 minutes. Had we waited much longer, we would have been standing in line for a very long time. Friends of ours who joined us on this cruise did not arrive until about 1:00 and they were very unhappy how long it took them to board.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 10th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Admiral

I agree with beenie weenie (not too surprising!). Get to the port about 11 AM. You may have to wait a while, but you'll be able to sit down!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old April 11th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Beginner

Port Everglades is the best for us so far. They seem to have everything organized and comfortable for the passengers. The parking is convenient also. We usually arrive at 11 or a little earlier. We always go right onboard. Just have your paper work ready, follow directions and everything should go smoothly. We are leaving from there on April 30, so I hope I'm right!
JID
Old April 11th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks so much to all of you, this is really helpful and you were all in agreement besides! It is nice to get on board early and check out the ship and beat the biggest crowd. We will have a child with us this cruise, so really wanted to know the smoothest way to do this and I always have the documents in hand and ready. Cruisemates always comes through! Happy sails to all.......................
Old April 11th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Admiral

One last thing, since you mentioned that you are bringing a little one: Bring and umbella stroller and use it during embarcation. They usually try very hard to accomodate families travelling with small kiddos and they will usually move you along quite quickly.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 12th, 2007, 06:07 AM
Passenger

What was the price for parking at Port Everglades?