Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 13th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Beginner

Default HAL and the Travelagency dont pay my Deposit back

Hello, I m from Germany and I have a very big problem with HAL. I wanted to book a cruise with them but it was not sure if we could get a flight, because it was 3 weeks before depature. So the Travel-agency (in USA) told me that the best thing I can do is to do a reservation for 48 hours to find out if we will get flights. For this reservation they told me, that I do need a Deposit, which will payed back 100 % if we will not take the cruise. So I payed the Deposit. Because we didnt find flights I told the Travelagency that we will not do the cruise. But our Deposit was never payed back. HAL now wrote us, that the cancellation of the room was made just 3 days !!! befor Departure and thats why they didnt pay the Deposit back.
So I think the Travelagency forgot to cansel the reservation.
What can I do to get my money back? Does somebody has any ideas? Its a lot of money.

Sorry for the bad english. And thanks for help.

Svenja
Sponsored Links
Old May 13th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Sure sounds like someone dropped the ball on this one. Previously, if I had a cabin on hold for 48 hours, no deposit required, but after the 2 days you either loose the cabin or put a deposit on it, wondering why they would require a deposit for a 2 day hold.

I'd call the travel agency up and inquire, they should refund the deposit. I know sometimes they can sure take you money quickly, but take a billing cycle or 2 to return it back, hopefully thats the case, but check it out more.

If nothing happens, file a complaint with your credit card and fight for the return of the deposit.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 14th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Beginner

Hello, thanks for answer.
I mailed the agency again but they told me, that they never became a massage (during the 48 hours) of me, that I dont want the cabin. So the reservation was going into a booking, because it was not cancelled.
She wrote me, that she stays in contact with HAL and the supervisors there and that she have asked to give me the money back. But they are not doing. I think she just forgot to cancel early when I have tod her, but that doesnt make any difference for HAL.
Old May 14th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

My origional question was why a deposit was required to hold a cabin for 48 hours. I have never given any credit card info for doing that. I think your travel agent should pay you back, other wise go through your credit card and have the charge reversed.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 17th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Beginner

They told me HAL just do the reservation for 48 hours only with a Deposit,
because it was so soon before departure.
We tryed to get the money back fom Visa card. But they say we gave the Travelagency the card information for that Deposit so it is everything O.K.