Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Passenger

Default CRUISE WEBSITES

This is a two part question,

First, i have been watching a few website for the past little while ( vacations to go, smartcrusier) and i can really figure out when the change their prices, is it all done on one day * mondays for example) or is it done daily depending on the price the cruise company offers that day? Second part is i was just wondering in you opinion what the best site for deals is?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old August 22nd, 2007, 07:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainEdwardJohnSmith
Default Re: CRUISE WEBSITES

Quote:
Originally Posted by werbz
This is a two part question,

First, i have been watching a few website for the past little while ( vacations to go, smartcrusier) and i can really figure out when the change their prices, is it all done on one day * mondays for example) or is it done daily depending on the price the cruise company offers that day? Second part is i was just wondering in you opinion what the best site for deals is?
Thanks
Werbz,
I think that most websites update their prices automatically when the cruiselines update their pricing. With Carnival, my experience has been that usually they release any deals on Wed night/Thurs morning. Princess is usually Wednesday morning. I would go out on a limb here and say that every time you try to book a cruise thru any website, that site automatically connects/links to the cruiseline's reservation system, so you will in effect see up-to-date and real-time prices. I may stand corrected on that one, though.
Please keep in mind that MOST, if not ALL the same bargains you find online, you can also find by clicking on the CRUISE SHOPPING tab of the cruisemates website. Then it gives you some more options like BEST OF THE WEB, BEST OF CRUISEMATES, CRUISE BARGAINS. You might want to keep that in mind next time you are shopping for a cruise, price for price, please book using the links provided by cruisemates, helps keep the site running and for free for all of us.

Happy cruising
Captain
Old August 22nd, 2007, 09:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

It's important to NOTE that you can no longer get a travel agency's BEST price by monitoring their web sites because the cruise lines policies now forbid agents for advertising prices lower than their own web sites list them for (with the exception of group cruises).

BUT... you can find out what the agency's best prices are with an email or phone call. Takes a bit more work, but often worth it for what you may be able to save.

Here's a link to an article I wrote on the subject that may help understand some of what goes on with cruise pricing.
http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...upthephone.cfm
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old August 28th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Cap & Kuki...

Both of you are right. Cap, very astute about Wednesday Morning. That does seem to be the day when Carnival and their cruise lines prices change the most.

Royal Carib often has a sale day on Thursday, as does NCL.

Also, it is very true that you don't see the REAL prices online until you actually try to book it. Before that what you are seing is "projected prices" based on where they were at say 8:00 am that morning, but they may change during the day as cabins sell out. Prices can change at any time, but the normal days do seem the Wed & Thursday. It isn't Monday or Friday.