CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Ask CruiseMates Staff (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/)
-   -   Big Overcharge (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/338549-big-overcharge.html)

Vipernyc August 23rd, 2007 10:48 AM

Big Overcharge

Hi everyone.

First off I just want to say I sailed with princess just last week on the Crown. It was the best vacation I've ever had, and now all I want to do is cruise. I absolutely loved everything (except for Grand Turk).

Now I have a problem though. I got my bill at the end and it was fine. I registered for express checkout. It came out to be about 500 bucks. The money was taken out of my account and I saw it go through my bank the following day.

Now I check my account yesterday and see a pending charge of 400 dollars. When I looked to see what its from, its from Princess. I was even able to see the break down of it. There are various charges on different days at random amounts.

Now I did not call them yet, since I just saw this yesterday. I thought maybe this is one of those "phantom" charges they would make to see if my card worked. I plan on calling them later but im going nuts thinking theres some sort of huge hidden fee or that I broke a 400 dollar hanger.

So in the meantime before I call does anyone know how much of a problem I will have over this, or is it one of those charges that dont mean anything?

Thanks,
Mike

Donna August 23rd, 2007 05:46 PM

If you find that the charge is for real, but you didn't charge that additional amount, call the cruiseline and have them double check. I was always under the impression, that your final bill that they slip under you door, was it and has been on all my cruises. I find this so strange and have heard of it before. They can't just add another $400 on, can they? If all else fails, you can always dispute it with your credit card company.

Good luck.

MaryLou August 24th, 2007 06:20 AM

Mike: Welcome to the world of cruising! Let us know the outcome of the charges, okay? I would be very interested to know. Thanks.

LisaK August 24th, 2007 09:49 AM

i agree with Donna on this one, once you receive your final bill, that is it, all the charges have been tallied and your account is closed. I would definatley call Princess.

Mike M August 24th, 2007 10:53 AM

Mike:

Call your credit card company immediately and find out if these are legitimate or a hold. If not then verify if they are real and if they are not then dispute the charges. Contact Princess and let them know of the error and that you did not make the charges, they were added after the final bill and that you have disputed them with your credit card company. Make it clear that you did not make the charges and you want them removed.

Take care and let us know how it turns out.
Mike

Shelby August 25th, 2007 12:40 PM

Sounds to me like they charged your credit card, but didn't release the hold.

Shelby

Vipernyc August 27th, 2007 09:43 AM

Hey guys, thanks for the support.

I called princess and they immediately corrected the problem. It was an authorization charge that they put on my card and wasn't released by my bank. They contacted my bank and asked them to release it. I was very impressed with the level of service.

thanks again everyone, and now im looking forward to my next cruise next summer.

Donna August 28th, 2007 05:49 AM

Hi Vip,
Glad it was an easy fix, not always the case. Thanks for giving us an update.