Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 23rd, 2007, 10:48 AM
Beginner

Default Big Overcharge

Hi everyone.

First off I just want to say I sailed with princess just last week on the Crown. It was the best vacation I've ever had, and now all I want to do is cruise. I absolutely loved everything (except for Grand Turk).

Now I have a problem though. I got my bill at the end and it was fine. I registered for express checkout. It came out to be about 500 bucks. The money was taken out of my account and I saw it go through my bank the following day.

Now I check my account yesterday and see a pending charge of 400 dollars. When I looked to see what its from, its from Princess. I was even able to see the break down of it. There are various charges on different days at random amounts.

Now I did not call them yet, since I just saw this yesterday. I thought maybe this is one of those "phantom" charges they would make to see if my card worked. I plan on calling them later but im going nuts thinking theres some sort of huge hidden fee or that I broke a 400 dollar hanger.

So in the meantime before I call does anyone know how much of a problem I will have over this, or is it one of those charges that dont mean anything?

Thanks,
Mike
Sponsored Links
Old August 23rd, 2007, 05:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

If you find that the charge is for real, but you didn't charge that additional amount, call the cruiseline and have them double check. I was always under the impression, that your final bill that they slip under you door, was it and has been on all my cruises. I find this so strange and have heard of it before. They can't just add another $400 on, can they? If all else fails, you can always dispute it with your credit card company.

Good luck.

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 24th, 2007, 06:20 AM
Admiral

Mike: Welcome to the world of cruising! Let us know the outcome of the charges, okay? I would be very interested to know. Thanks.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old August 24th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Admiral

i agree with Donna on this one, once you receive your final bill, that is it, all the charges have been tallied and your account is closed. I would definatley call Princess.
Old August 24th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Mike:

Call your credit card company immediately and find out if these are legitimate or a hold. If not then verify if they are real and if they are not then dispute the charges. Contact Princess and let them know of the error and that you did not make the charges, they were added after the final bill and that you have disputed them with your credit card company. Make it clear that you did not make the charges and you want them removed.

Take care and let us know how it turns out.
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 25th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Sounds to me like they charged your credit card, but didn't release the hold.

Shelby
Old August 27th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Beginner

Hey guys, thanks for the support.

I called princess and they immediately corrected the problem. It was an authorization charge that they put on my card and wasn't released by my bank. They contacted my bank and asked them to release it. I was very impressed with the level of service.

thanks again everyone, and now im looking forward to my next cruise next summer.
Old August 28th, 2007, 05:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Vip,
Glad it was an easy fix, not always the case. Thanks for giving us an update.

Message Boards Moderator