CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Ask CruiseMates Staff (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/)
-   -   Refunds if prices drop? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/338873-refunds-if-prices-drop.html)

71Corvette August 28th, 2007 10:23 PM

Refunds if prices drop?

Hey All,

I've heard that if you book a cruise and sometime before your sail date the price goes down you are rebated the difference. Is this true (I'm planning to sail Royal Caribbean if it matters)?

...I'm a bit bummed at the moment. The cruise I was planning to book over the weekend for Feb 08 just went up $200 pp. :shock: Maybe I'll get lucky and the price will drop before the sail date (assuming I still book it).

Thanks!
Tim

KJH August 28th, 2007 11:02 PM

I booked through RCI for Nov. 07 sail back in March of 07. True to their word, each time I checked online and saw the price had gone down, I called and they immediately lowered by cost and sent new confirmation. From Mar. to Nov. it went down 3 times saving about $300 per person. You have to call them - they obviously won't call you. My final payment is due 9/9/07 and after that I think it is set - nothing will change. Good luck!

landpg August 29th, 2007 03:24 PM

price drop

If the price goes lower you can call your cruise line and they will honor :D ; however, if you have already sent in your final payment than it is pretty much a done deal. :-? I have heard of folks calling after final payment for reductions but don't know of outcome. I'm booked on Celeb Mille 4/20/08 in July and the price had dropped $250.00. I called and was given the lower rate. It has since gone up $450. You have to check regularily for reductions and call right away..good luck

71Corvette August 29th, 2007 11:06 PM

Thanks for the scoop! I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best!

Tim

Mike M August 29th, 2007 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71Corvette
Hey All,

I've heard that if you book a cruise and sometime before your sail date the price goes down you are rebated the difference. Is this true (I'm planning to sail Royal Caribbean if it matters)?

...I'm a bit bummed at the moment. The cruise I was planning to book over the weekend for Feb 08 just went up $200 pp. Maybe I'll get lucky and the price will drop before the sail date (assuming I still book it).

Thanks!
Tim

Tim,
Look on the bright side. If you would have waited you would be paying $200 more. LOL

It is all a matter of supply and demand. If the cruise is selling well the price will go up. The closer it gets to the sailing date and if their are still unsold cabins, then there is a chance the prices may go down. Just remember the price reductions may not be on your cabin category and if you take advantage of the new offers you stand a VERY good chance of losing the cabin you booked. That is if you booked a "specific" cabin.

Watch the prices and if they go down call your agent or the cruise line (if you booked, directly, through them) and see if you can get the lower price.

Once final payment is made you are out of luck. Most offers are for "New Bookings Only". This may also be true for other offers, made before final payment, so watch the fine print.

Take care,
Mike

71Corvette August 30th, 2007 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike M
Tim,
Look on the bright side. If you would have waited you would be paying $200 more. LOL

That's the problem though, I HAVEN'T booked yet. If the trip were already booked I'd be darned pleased that I got a deal!

Oh well, I'll probably book anyway. I'm not going to let a couple hundred dollars 'sink' my vacation plans. LOL

KarinM August 30th, 2007 09:59 AM

[quote="71Corvette"]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike M

That's the problem though, I HAVEN'T booked yet. If the trip were already booked I'd be darned pleased that I got a deal!

Oh well, I'll probably book anyway. I'm not going to let a couple hundred dollars 'sink' my vacation plans. LOL

Then I guess it's a typical case of you snooze, you loose! LOL

Just kidding - that is one thing I really hate when dealing with airlines, hotels, cruiselines, etc. the prices always seem to fluctuate!