Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 28th, 2007, 10:23 PM
Familiar Face

Default Refunds if prices drop?

Hey All,

I've heard that if you book a cruise and sometime before your sail date the price goes down you are rebated the difference. Is this true (I'm planning to sail Royal Caribbean if it matters)?

...I'm a bit bummed at the moment. The cruise I was planning to book over the weekend for Feb 08 just went up $200 pp. Maybe I'll get lucky and the price will drop before the sail date (assuming I still book it).

Thanks!
Tim
Sponsored Links
Old August 28th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Beginner

I booked through RCI for Nov. 07 sail back in March of 07. True to their word, each time I checked online and saw the price had gone down, I called and they immediately lowered by cost and sent new confirmation. From Mar. to Nov. it went down 3 times saving about $300 per person. You have to call them - they obviously won't call you. My final payment is due 9/9/07 and after that I think it is set - nothing will change. Good luck!
Old August 29th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Passenger

Default price drop

If the price goes lower you can call your cruise line and they will honor ; however, if you have already sent in your final payment than it is pretty much a done deal. I have heard of folks calling after final payment for reductions but don't know of outcome. I'm booked on Celeb Mille 4/20/08 in July and the price had dropped $250.00. I called and was given the lower rate. It has since gone up $450. You have to check regularily for reductions and call right away..good luck
Old August 29th, 2007, 11:06 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks for the scoop! I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best!

Tim
Old August 29th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Corvette
Hey All,

I've heard that if you book a cruise and sometime before your sail date the price goes down you are rebated the difference. Is this true (I'm planning to sail Royal Caribbean if it matters)?

...I'm a bit bummed at the moment. The cruise I was planning to book over the weekend for Feb 08 just went up $200 pp. Maybe I'll get lucky and the price will drop before the sail date (assuming I still book it).

Thanks!
Tim
Tim,
Look on the bright side. If you would have waited you would be paying $200 more.

It is all a matter of supply and demand. If the cruise is selling well the price will go up. The closer it gets to the sailing date and if their are still unsold cabins, then there is a chance the prices may go down. Just remember the price reductions may not be on your cabin category and if you take advantage of the new offers you stand a VERY good chance of losing the cabin you booked. That is if you booked a "specific" cabin.

Watch the prices and if they go down call your agent or the cruise line (if you booked, directly, through them) and see if you can get the lower price.

Once final payment is made you are out of luck. Most offers are for "New Bookings Only". This may also be true for other offers, made before final payment, so watch the fine print.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 30th, 2007, 08:13 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M
Tim,
Look on the bright side. If you would have waited you would be paying $200 more.
That's the problem though, I HAVEN'T booked yet. If the trip were already booked I'd be darned pleased that I got a deal!

Oh well, I'll probably book anyway. I'm not going to let a couple hundred dollars 'sink' my vacation plans.
Old August 30th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Passenger

[quote="71Corvette"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M

That's the problem though, I HAVEN'T booked yet. If the trip were already booked I'd be darned pleased that I got a deal!

Oh well, I'll probably book anyway. I'm not going to let a couple hundred dollars 'sink' my vacation plans.
Then I guess it's a typical case of you snooze, you loose!

Just kidding - that is one thing I really hate when dealing with airlines, hotels, cruiselines, etc. the prices always seem to fluctuate!