Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 13th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Beginner

Default Booking a cruise

Are there any internet agencies that you recommend to book an Alaska cruise? Is it better to book now for a late August 2008 cruise or should I wait?
Sponsored Links
Old September 13th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1701
Are there any Internet agencies that you recommend to book an Alaska cruise? Is it better to book now for a late August 2008 cruise or should I wait?
If you want a specific date, ship and cabin type I strongly suggest that you book now. Waiting to later "may" give you a bit better rate but there is a good chance that you may end up with "leftovers" and the date you want may be sold out. August is a very popular time for Alaska cruises and they do sell out. It may not be worth the gamble.

In regard to Internet Agencies I would start by getting doing some research, here on the boards, on which cruise lines fit your likes, dislikes, the itineraries you want. Almost all cruise lines sail out of Seattle and Vancouver and do round trip inside passage cruises. Many do one way cruises between Vancouver and Whittier or Skagway (near Anchorage). You have see many of the same ports but also have an opportunity to extend the time in some areas and have a chance to extend your vacation in Anchorage and see Denali.

Once you decide on that hit some of our advertisers and ask for quotes, use the Bargain Finder and Cruise Compete features on our Homepage.

There is also a good article(s) on cruise pricing and purchasing you may want to take a look at:

Finding the Right Travel Agent

Direct Booking vs. Agents: The Latest Chapter

Also: People are allowed to PM with agent recommendations.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me