Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 26th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Passenger

Default Do booked cruises often open back up (HAL)?

Here's my dilemma. I'm sharing a cabin with someone who has a certificate for a free cruise and it has to be used by November 11. This person is currently on a cruise so I'm communicating with her mom to book it. She picked out 2 caribbean cruises on the Zuiderdam and then 2 others that were bad dates for me. Not sure if she's committed to the Zuiderdam or the itinerary or what, because there are cruises in late October too, but she didn't list them as possibilities.

Anyway, the dates are the 3rd and the 10th departures. I told her that the 10th gave me better airfares, but I totally forgot I had tickets to see the Police on the 14th (typical mistake I often make). So, she tried to book the 10th and it was sold out. She left on her cruise, and her mom then tried to book for the 3rd, but wanted to wait until my share of the money went through. By the time it did, the 3rd was sold out but the 10th had opened up. This all happened within the last 6 days.

My question is, since I'm getting a good price on an Ocean view cabin ($650) and not paying a single supplement, should I wait a bit for the 3rd to open back up or not risk it and just book the 10th and try and sell the concert tickets?

What is anyone's experience with cruises being sold out then opening up again?

Changes in latitude, changes in attitude....
Sponsored Links
Old September 26th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

That old saying, a bird in the hand, comes to mind here..Unless you are a gambler I would not take the chance.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 27th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Admiral

Hmmmm....

As you have already experienced, last minute changes to bookings do happen. It certainly sounds like both sailings are are at capacity. If you really want to cruise, then I would second Trip's advise, a bird in the hand.... Plus, the airfare may change too the longer you wait (I'm notorious for gambling with airfare, and loosing!)

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old September 27th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Passenger

I went ahead and booked the trip for the 10th.

So, if anyone wants to see the Police on November 14th, I know of a few tickets that are for sale.

Changes in latitude, changes in attitude....