CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Ask CruiseMates Staff (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/)
-   -   Halloween Candy on Halloween Cruise (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/341355-halloween-candy-halloween-cruise.html)

Nothin but blue skies October 18th, 2007 05:19 PM

Halloween Candy on Halloween Cruise

This sounds kind of dumb, but I like to be prepared. Somewhere I have seen on these posts a reference to the children trick-or-treating on board on Halloween. We will be on the Carnival Holiday on Halloween. Should I plan to bring candy for the kids?

Trip October 20th, 2007 10:48 PM

I have sailed 2 Halloween cruises and to be honest have not seen this done. If you mean, a small cabin to cabin trek, not sure doing this on a ship would be a welcomed idea, with people getting ready for dinner etc, not having candy to dissapoint a kid.. The kids program will have something special planned for them.. I do rememebr a mini costume parade, and boy they looked cute..

Nothin but blue skies October 20th, 2007 11:39 PM

I think you are probably right about this. I know I wouldn't want my kids to go cabin to cabin trick or treating. I just thought I had seen a reference to this on a thread and wanted to be prepared. Thanks

Deb76 October 22nd, 2007 11:53 AM

i will be cruising next week...on Halloween...was hopig for some treats myself? :D

MrLee October 22nd, 2007 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb76
i will be cruising next week...on Halloween...was hopig for some treats myself? :D

Hmmm...I remember in my younger days goin trick or trating from bar to bar with a shot glass. I wonder if that'll work on the Dawn next week? :twisted:

colorcrazie October 22nd, 2007 12:55 PM

MrLee,
Let us know how that works out, okay? LOL
Seriously, we are going on the Dawn next month and I would love to hear how you like it.
Happy sailing,
Marty

Nothin but blue skies October 22nd, 2007 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb76

The "Treat" is the cruise itself for us. LOL

Nothin but blue skies November 6th, 2007 01:33 PM

Well we are back and had a great time at the Halloween party. I took a bag of mixed Halloween candy (eyeballs, etc) and planned to pass them out to any kids on the ship. By the time we left the private party, most of them were gone and I forgot to bring the bag with me. There were kids on board though, in costume, and I wished I had brought the candy with me.

Since this was our 40th anniversary, we went back 40 years and dressed as hippies. I handed out the candy and told everyone it was "Ice". Next time we dress up like this for halloween, I will remember to buy a box of sugar cubes to take with me LOL

coffeecup November 8th, 2007 01:33 PM

We were on the Destiny Oct. 14-21, and there were several children in costumes, some crew members and a few adults. I think they celebrated Halloween on Thursday night that week. There were crew members outside of some of the shops giving kids candy. The kids had papers the crew members were stamping as the kids came to their candy station. I guess it was organized through Camp Carnival, and we didn't get the details since we don't have children. The costumes were cute, especially one family dressed as the Adam's Family. The child was dressed as Cousin It and completely covered by a wig that went from the kid's head to his feet. Another was a simple as a kid wearing a white bathrobe with a white towel thrown over his head to appear to be a ghost. The kids seemed to be having fun, and we loved seeing them walking around. I didn't see any passengers giving out candy, and I doubt parents would let children accept candy from strangers.

Nothin but blue skies November 8th, 2007 05:58 PM

You are probably right about the accepting candy from strangers. I would be paranoid myself these days. One of the cutest ideas I saw at our Halloween Costume Party was a group that was sailing together. They each dressed up as a member of the "Gilligan's Island" group. I saw the Captain, Gilligan, Mary Anne, the Professor, Mrs. Howell and Ginger, not sure if the Millionairre, Mr. Howell was in the group. They looked so cute.

Probably the worst example on the cruise was the guy who dressed as Peter Pan. He had on a green elfish looking outfit with a frying pan hanging from his waist in the front. In the pan was a very large fake
p _ _ _ r! (fill in the blanks).
:oops: