Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 29th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Beginner

Default cruise job

Hello
I have a quick question not exactly about being a passanger but about working on a cruise. I've been hired by a company located in the UK (I'm in hte US) THey hired me pretty fast, but the process of getting all the paperwork together took about five months. Since all the documets are ready now I am just waiting for them to call me with a ship assignment and they told me that this might take another month or so!! Today they called me and said that they are having an emergency and need me to be in New York to board a ship tomorrow! Of course, I couldn't do that. I just wanted to ask if it is normal that, first of all, it takes such a long time , and, second of all that they are giving me a one day notice to bord a ship for the next few months!!!???
Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old November 29th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

You may want to ask your questions in the "Crew" message boards, but it sounds like that could happen, just be ready?? Hope you can find a crewmember to answer that specific question. Although, I'm understood that each worker gets a 6 month contract for a certain ship, wouldn't that be something you'd see ahead of time and have to sign?

Message Boards Moderator