Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 3rd, 2007, 02:30 PM
Beginner

Default Searching for certified Scuba Divers

My wife and I will be sailing the New Year's cruise aboard the Crown Princess Dec. 29-Jan 5, 2007, out of San Juan. We are both PADI Scuba Instructors and have arranged private charters for scuba diving in St. Lucia and Tortola. We are looking for 4-6 other certified divers who would be interested in diving with us. Because we have made the arrangments privately the cost is about half the price of what the ship is charging. If you are interested, please contact me at leo.herskowitz@tdsb.on.ca.
Sponsored Links
Old December 5th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Admiral

If you're still looking for divers to join your group once you are on board, you might try hanging out for a bit by the shoreX booking desk the first day. There's always a crush of people trying to get their plans made, and I've had luck picking up divers that way. You have to be discrete of course.

Also, on your first diving port stop you might spot someone with their gear waiting to join their ship's group-possibly they may want to dive with you on during the stop where you have a 2nd dive planned.

Enjoy!

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old December 5th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Beginner

Default response to certified divers

Thanks for the advice. Having done many cruises I have already experienced the 'shorex' staff and ttheir responses to discretion regardless of approach, when you are 'stealing' their business. It is for that reason I attempted to do a completely unattached search in the hopes that it might elicit some interested responses. Thanks again.