Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 16th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Beginner

Default When should I book cruise in August 2008 out of New York?

We (3 adults and 3 kids) live in Toronto and thought that a cruise out of New York would save us on air fare (only a 10 hour drive!).
I prefer to go in the summer when the kids are off. I would also like to go during the period from the end of July to the first 3 weeks of August 2008.
I want to go to either Bermuda, or the Eastern Carribean and I want a 7 day cruise at a minimum. From what I can see the Carnival Miracle, RC Explorer of the Seas and the Carribean Princess are doing what I want (I don't want the Norwegian Spirit as I have already been on that one).
I am thoroughly confused about WHEN and HOW to book this to get the best deal. Everywhere I read, it says to book early, but I wouldn't mind taking my chances to get a good deal...I would be disappointed if we didn't go on a cruise, but I suppose that we could do something else.

Would it be foolish for me to wait, or is there a somewhat good chance that I could get a deal? (Our 2 cabins don't have to be too close to each other). I realize that these could sell out, but I would just kick myself if they were reduced. How do I find out what the prices for these cruises were last year...were these sailings sold out and WHEN?
Thanks for any advice!
Sponsored Links
Old December 16th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Shirley Jones

Book early find best offer and go with it prices will undoubtly just go up due to the economy
Conquest 3/10
Ecstasy 6/11
Magic 11/11
Old December 16th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Administrator
Admiral

The two times that you "usually" get the best prices are, one year out and 90 to 30 days before sailing.

If you want a specific cabin type, deck or location then you should book as far out as possible. If you book 70 days from sailing the cabin you want may not be available.

The later you book the less cabins there will be or the cruise may be sold out. However, I am not too concerned about which cabin I get, as long as it's a balcony so I often book later.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 18th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Admiral

I agree, book early. July and August are peak travel times because there are so many families on ships.
www.cruisingfromnewyork.com/
Cruise news, bargains, tips and commentary.