Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 23rd, 2008, 12:56 PM
Beginner

Default Question about Carnival transfers

Hello!
I'm within 8 days of leaving on the Sensation (!!!) and am wondering about transportation from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral. I read on Carnival's website that you can purchase shuttle transfers within 7 days (so I'd have to call today). However, I'm wondering if I could just wing it and see what's available once I land (like try to figure out if it's better to just hop in a taxi or what). So if I decide I DO want to do the Carnival bus shuttle transfer or whatever it is once I land, can I just hop in one without reservations?

Any help is appreciated, I know how annoying it is getting the same questions over and over again!
Sponsored Links
Old February 23rd, 2008, 01:37 PM
Admiral

Taxi would probably be too expensive unless there are a bunch of riders. Last time we were at Orlando transportation was on a Greyhound type bus operated by Mears or Meers (don't remember) Transportation. They seemed to have a lock on transportation to the port. We were allowed to pay prior to boarding and did not have a Carnival transportation voucher. I think this is the same people Carnival use. Cost was $35 each. Do not know if it is cheaper to buy in advance.
56 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam
Old February 25th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Try this website..http://www.portcanaveralshuttle.com/

I am not a transfer kinda gal, and remember... the bus has to fill up , before you can leave... It says it is less than the cruise line prices, so hopefully this can work for you..have a ball!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 25th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I actually took the Carnival Transfers from the Orlando airport and it was actually very quick. Yea, a taxi would be way too expensive, I'd re-think the transfers and not worry about it anymore.

Message Boards Moderator