Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 10th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to bwjm
Default Embarkation Port

If I'm on Princess, and my embarkation port is Ft. Lauderdale, where will I be leaving from? I've been reading and hear so many different things about Port Everglades. Isn't Port Everglades address in Miami? Or am I just missing something here?
Just wondering where I might find my boat!

Plus, when closer to time, will need to find air, hotel, and other kinds of information.
thanks!

Free Cruise Clocks
Sponsored Links
Old March 10th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Admiral

Port Everglades is the actual name of the port in Ft. Lauderdale. The port is only about 5 minutes from the Ft Lauderdale airport. There are many hotels in this area.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old March 10th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Passenger

Default Princess

So this is where Princess ships sail out of?

See your a NASCAR fan, too.. ME TOO! New to cruising, though.

Free Cruise Clocks
Old March 10th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Admiral

Yes, Princess sails from Port Everglades. Only one of our cruises was from Miami and if possible we won't sail from Miami again. Port Everglades is much easier to get to, park at and get around.

We have only been cruising since 2005 so don't really consider ourselves experts but do love it.

Going to Bristol this week! Won tickets for Sunday's race. First time there.

Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old March 10th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlb1050

Going to Bristol this week! Won tickets for Sunday's race. First time there.
OK now I am jealous!!!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old March 10th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Passenger

Default Thanks, and jealous too!

Would love to see Bristol! All time dream track to see is Talladega, but that was back when Dale drove, as he did well there. Haven't been too much into it since. Living in PA, I've been to Pocono and Watkins Glen, as they aren't too far away. Haven't gone in years, though. Did see them test the rain tires and wipers in rain one year at Wakins Glen, but a race has never happend with them!

And, alas, thanks for the help and the information on cruising! It's my first, so that makes you more experienced than me!

Free Cruise Clocks
Old March 10th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Admiral

Been to Talladega a number of times. Were there for Dale's last win.

Old March 10th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Passenger

Default Lucky you!

Would've loved to have seen that! I don't get to travel like I would, hence would be the excitement for the cruise. Almost as excited about it as I was to go to my first NASCAR race! I cried I was so happy, that year (many ago) at Pocono. Can only imagine how I'm going to be when I see the ship !

But, this time I will be enjoying it with DD 14, also. I have traveled for work, don't have to anymore, and always wanted to take her places with me.
Got a group of 20 to date going with DH family and friends, so it should be a pretty good time!

Free Cruise Clocks
Old March 10th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Admiral

I know you said your cruising on Princess, which ship? As you can see we have been on 3 Princess ships and really enjoyed all of them. I'm sure all in your group willhave a nice time. From what i've seen the kids on Princess seem to have good time either when with family or with the kids groups. Hope to go on Princess again soon.

Old March 10th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Passenger

Default Crown Princess

Yes, we're going on the crown. Out of the 20, I think 5 will be going on their 2nd cruise. So, a whole bunch of NASCAR country folk on a ship! To date I only know of 3 kids going, but they'll be 15 on the cruise, and from different schools and stuck on a ship, so I'm sure they'll figure out how to get along .
I'm sure they'll find enough to keep busy, as my daughter and I are both hooked on these boards. She reads the teen one all the time, and we have actually talked to a couple of them, before we decided if she was going. They were all pretty cool about it, too!
And yes, noticed your princess history, and saw the NASCAR thing, so figure we would hit it off!

Free Cruise Clocks
Old March 11th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Captain

Glad to see some other NASCAR fans on this board. I have been a fan for more years than I like to admit. My dad started taking me to races when I was a little girl and it is in my blood. Started going to Bristol back when all the seating they had was concrete bleachers on the front stretch and a grass hill on the back stretch. we were fortunate for 18 yrs to go to about 10 races a year when my husband worked for a grocery warehouse company. He got free tickets and all we had to do was get to the track. Those were great years, but unfortuantly he started his own business so we don't go like we used to now that we have to buy the tickets.
We have decided we would rather spend the money on cruises...and have 15 of those to date. Love cruising and I'm sure you will to bwjm. Give us a full review when you get back.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 12th, 2008, 06:37 AM
Passenger

Default Will do!

Yes, part of the reason I'm going on a cruise this year is I don't get to the races anymore. They're too expensive anymore, and I've always wanted to see the caribbean. So, we're headed out! I know there was a NASCAR cruise a couple years ago that was offered by a travel agency in my area, but Jeremy Mayfield was about the biggest driver I recognized going, and a cruise was not in the budget at the time (still going to races). So, now we're going to give cruising a try!
Glad to know fans do cruise! Don't suppose the race would be on MUTS, though, huh? Now that would make it a memorable cruise! :o

Free Cruise Clocks
Old March 12th, 2008, 07:03 AM
Captain

For a few years Carnival has had a Rusty Wallace cruise. It is usually in Nov. after the awards ceremony. Haven't seen anything on it for 2008. It was priced at a pretty good rate last year as most Carnival rates are a little cheaper than others. Don't know anyone who went on it so can't say what it was like.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 19th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Admiral

Back from Bristol and boy was wit COLD!!! And a nightmare getting out after. We waited until a bit after 9pm to leave the parking lot and it still took us 2 hours to go 40 miles. It would have been longer if we hadn't used the GPS to get off the interstate early.

Now I'm ready for my next cruise, oh but that is not for just over 12 months.

Old March 20th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Passenger

Default glad you enjoyed!

Watched it in the warmth of my home! 8)
How was the Tony spin? He's my daughters driver, and she yelled almost loud enough for you to hear her there, or so it sounded !
I'm down to 11 mos and counting, so I'm going just before you to warmth. If next winter is anythign like this winter, I won't want to come home!

Free Cruise Clocks
Old March 20th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Admiral

We were at the opposite end of the track so we didn't see the spin real good.

Old March 20th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Passenger

Default Glad you had a good time at least

Yes, my daughter yelling loudly and me cheering.. Neighbors think we're nuts on weekends at our house.

Then again, any time away from phones is a blessing to me. And the computer, and the cats, and my pager, and my Nextel, and the house. Then again, after awhile, I start getting jitters, gotta check to make sure everything is ok! I moved up to a manger position last year, and although I enjoy it, I've become dependent on the electronic gadgets a lot more! I do have mixed emotions for cell phone service going on the ships. Might leave mine at home anyway. After all, even if they can get ahold of me (I work in highway construction of all things) it isn't like I'm going to drop everything and come home to fix it, right?

Free Cruise Clocks
Old March 20th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Admiral

Your job sounds like my husbands. He works for the state DOT as Bridge Maintenance supervisor, so when away all he can do is answer a question or tell whomever who to call for help.

Your house sound like ours on he weekend. We both can get pretty loud about what is happenning on the track.

Old March 20th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Passenger

Default Yup!

So, when your husband has problems with the traffic signs, an accident in the job site, or a sign is wrong, whatever, then it's me he would talk to here in PA! I deal with the DOT inspectors all the time, as I'm usually the one in the office, so I answer the phone, and I get to try and give the answers. I also usually have control of at least one guy to go fix stuff. BUT, if all else fails, and it needs fixed NOW.. then that is me. I get to go and (as I call it) play in traffic! I keep certified in PA, and can go at any time (guys/idiots I have working for me like to drink more than me) to 'play in trafic' .
Bridges have just become a concern up here in PA after MO last year, but then again, I'm sure (I hope) it has become more aware in all states.
But, do love my job. Took me to the age of 35ish to find one I like (although I do like my medical field too, but that's my back up for after they fix all the roads in PA :o ) and for the most part enjoy going to. So, I'm trained/able to go on the road and capable of being in the office. Now, make me a clone and I'll enjoy my cruise!
Also.. just out of curiosity, when it comes time for my cruise, can I bother you on hotel info? Where to stay, getting shuttle, and all that? At best, suggestions will be fine. Being from PA, I feel that you have a better idea/suggestion that I would trust than doing a google search. Plus you're NASCAR fans, giggle, so I trust you more .
We're a group of 30 to date, might grow to near 50 next year. Being from PA need overnight hotel. Shuttle service from airport/hotel then hotel/port would be nice, too. There are only about 60% of us on for hotel over night (hello?!? don't they live in PA where we get blizzards in March??) and rest will hopefully follow. So, I've been reading TONS of boards/threads/info and doing searches, but would also love to hear personally from you both, too!
Feel free to email me, too at bwhipple@ptd.net with any tips.
Bunch of NASCAR/country bumpkins coming! Yes, we all know how to behave in public, but would love any tips to make our group travel easiest
Again, glad you enjoyed the race!
BTW... who do you guys like? Never did get that out of you, or I missed it, and didn't pay attention !
B/

Free Cruise Clocks
Old March 20th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Admiral

I am willing to help with hotels but since we only live a couple hours from Ft Lauderdale we only have a couple of experiences with staying there. But will gladly let you know if a hotel is in a good area etc. But can tell you a few things you can do if you have time.

I'm a Jr fan. Had to wear my heavy Bud jacket for the race. Then the guy parked next to us keep insisting that my jacket was a Kasey Kahne jacket. There are a couple of drivers I don't care for but never boo them just get real quiet when they are announced.

You said your daughter likes Tony who do you like? Tell her we met Tony the year before he went Cup. Had our grandson with us in Homestead and saw Tony walking in the back. I said "Mr Stewart would you please sign my grandson's shirt?" He said he would be glad to but he wasn't Mr Stewart that is his father he is just Tony. Have a couple of good photos of him signing the shirt.

I will add you emal to my book. You can ass mine for any questions. nlb1050@hotmail.com

Nancy

Old May 2nd, 2008, 11:43 AM
Captain

Glad to see there are other NASCAR fans who cruise

We just got back from a driving trip to the Midwest. On the way back we stopped in PA and purchased tickets to the August race there. While we we there they gave free tickets to testing on May 27th, and a tour of the track (Also Free) in one of the pace cars, a Chevy Impala.
RCI Monarch of The Seas 1998
Ecstasy 2000
Carnival Miracle 9/24/07
Upcoming Fascination 11/5/09
Old May 7th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Admiral

Joe,

Will you be able to use those free tickets? That would be nice!

Old May 18th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyboy
Default Port Everglades

Port Everglades is in Fort Lauderdale, only 10-minutes from the airport.
Princess operates most of there ships out of Port Everglades.
If you have not booked your cruise, Let me know when your leaving on your cruise. I cruise Princess all the time and know alot about Fort Lauderdale. tons of money saving tips.
PS google PORT EVERGLADES for locaton.

djraessner@hotmail.com

Happy sailing
Danny