Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 29th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to holla! Send a message via MSN to holla!
Default Cruise Newbie

There are six people in our family, two parents, a senior in highschool, a freshmen, an 8th grader, and a 5th grader.
We want a cruie that can provide stuff to do for everyone, and have their own good time. We were thinking of going to Europe but have decided anywhere is fine. What is the best cruiseline and destination for our family, I've been trying to research online but find the cruise scene very overwhelming and complicated. Oh and we are looking to set sail this summer.

PS;
What is shipboard credit?
Sponsored Links
Old March 29th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Passenger

Did you want a cruise port within driving distance or are you anticipating flying?

The RCI Freedom family of ships have something for everyone of all ages. And, are worth looking into for your family. They are the largest ships on the seas and offer a large array of extras.

A great write-up of the ship can be found at this url:

http://cruisemates.com/articles/reviews/rci/liberty.cfm

And this is a great url to check out the Freedom ships via RCI. Use the virtual tour and deck plan options:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findac...FR&shipCode=LB

FYI: On board credit is a booking incentive where an amount is credited to your room(s) to be used on ship as you choose. I'll be using mine this October toward a spa treatment for myself

“The Sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.��? --Jacques Cousteau
Old March 30th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I couldn't agree more, Royal Caribbean's Freedom or Liberty. They will be pricy, but for sure something for everyone including the flowrider and the ice rink, rock wall, etc.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 18th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyboy
Default Recomendations on your first cruise.

First of all all Europe is about 40% higher cost when the US excluding Alaska.
Set you budget first and then determine if the grand parents and children are interested in specific activities on shore.
The caribbean is the most competitive, Alaska is a good call.
Depending on the geographics, flying is a major expense.

The onboard activities on the major cruise lines vary, Carnival, Princess, Royal Caribbean, NCL, Celebrity are your best choices. they all have children/teen ager programs.
Royal Caribbean have smaller cabins. Princess has 24 hour buffets and compete in pricing with Carnival with has large cabins.
Celebrity has more class and better food in the dining rooms, the grand parents will enjoy.
NCL has the lowest prices generally speaking but the extra charges after boarding will suprise you on all the cruise lines. Soda cards, coffee cards, tips, ect.

You can e-mail me if you want to learn more about cutting cost @ djraessner@hotmail.com
Make sure you place cruise ship on the subject line.
Old July 6th, 2008, 04:25 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Skeewe
Default Re: Cruise Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holla!
There are six people in our family, two parents, a senior in highschool, a freshmen, an 8th grader, and a 5th grader.
We want a cruie that can provide stuff to do for everyone, and have their own good time. We were thinking of going to Europe but have decided anywhere is fine. What is the best cruiseline and destination for our family, I've been trying to research online but find the cruise scene very overwhelming and complicated. Oh and we are looking to set sail this summer.

PS;
What is shipboard credit?
Bigger the ship, bigger choice of amenities for everyone. Go on Freedom (or Liberty..)