Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 23rd, 2008, 09:50 PM
Beginner

Default Wedding Cruise-from Port of NewYork

This is my first post
-long time reader of thisMy Question is our son is getting married and we suggested a cruise wedding how does it work do the guest still feel obligated to give a gift or money our son just wants them to come and not give anything but what is the custum here as we do not know.
Also we like the idea of leaving from NY port what months do they sail?-We went with NCL
it was Nov2004-Do the cruise lines give the bride and groom free room or discounts? we will have about 60-90 people if not more.
PS: I want to add an avatar its 200x133 in size its on my destop how do i get it on my avatar?-Thank-you-hope you can advise us.
Sponsored Links
Old April 23rd, 2008, 11:22 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: Wedding Cruise-from Port of NewYork

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilflo
This is my first post
-long time reader of thisMy Question is our son is getting married and we suggested a cruise wedding how does it work do the guest still feel obligated to give a gift or money our son just wants them to come and not give anything but what is the custum here as we do not know.
Also we like the idea of leaving from NY port what months do they sail?-We went with NCL
it was Nov2004-Do the cruise lines give the bride and groom free room or discounts? we will have about 60-90 people if not more.
PS: I want to add an avatar its 200x133 in size its on my destop how do i get it on my avatar?-Thank-you-hope you can advise us.
My first bit of advice is to find a travel agent who specializes in group cruises. As far as the wedding portion of the cruise the cruise line will not give you a free cabin "but" with this many people there will be "Tour Credits" involved that can be redeemed for a free cabin(s) and other perks for the party.

Don't be afraid to ask a Travel Agent questions and make sure they are very familiar with group cruises and are MCC (Master Cruise Councilor)accredited.

In regard to your avatar you can send me the picture and I will resize it for you. Send it to mmastell @ cruisemates.com

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 24th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Admiral

A quick question. When you say a cruise wedding, I hope that you have looked into how to set it up so it is legally binding! I don't think that captains can or will do this anymore. You might want to go to the Weddings at Sea forum and ask some of the people who have done this some detailed questions.
Marty
Old April 25th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Admiral

Default Getting Married in Port of New York

I suggest contacting this company: A Wedding For You" which specializes in arranging weddings aboard cruise ships. One call can probably tell you every thing you want to know.

Suggest visiting http://www.cruisingfromnewyork.com which provides itineraries and reviews for all cruise ships sailing from the three New York Ports: Manhattan, Brooklyn and Cape Liberty (Bayonne), NJ
www.cruisingfromnewyork.com/
Cruise news, bargains, tips and commentary.