Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 29th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Familiar Face

Default alaska next year

Alaska 2009
Looking for suggestions on Alaskan cruises for next June or July 2009--where to fly in to and get on ship
any help would be appreciated--experienced at cruising but never flown-live in NC
thanks
Kathy
Sponsored Links
Old May 29th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

You can start some research and look at the different itinaries and decide what ports you really want to visit and go from there. Princess has the most ships up there during the summer, going out of Seattle, Vancouver and a couple one ways that look really interesting.

There are so many options, you'll need to see what fits your schedule/budget.

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 13th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Familiar Face

Default Alaska trip

Prncess has a cruise sailing round trip out of San Francisco next August to Alaska. It is a 10 day on the Sea Princess.
Old June 13th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Familiar Face

Default Alaska trip

Prncess has a cruise sailing round trip out of San Francisco next August to Alaska. It is a 10 day on the Sea Princess.
Old June 13th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Familiar Face

Princess has a 10 day cruise sailing round trip out of San Francisco to Alaksa in August 2009
Old June 25th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Passenger

I too did my research prior to booking my cruise for Alaska this summer. We decided to go with Princess because of what she offered and what we wanted from the cruise line. We take our children with us when we do the Caribbean on Carnival, but I wanted a bit more up-scale with less children to visit Alaska. Also, I fell in love with the land portion and the ability to see some of the interior such as Fairbanks, Denali and Mt. McKinley. Princess has their own lodges and they seem to be of high standards and the price was reasonable.

We land/cruise it the end of August beginning of September on the Sapphire Princess and I am so excited. Reading this message board and a few others I have feel confident that I made the right choice going with Princess.

Lizzyjane
Old July 25th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Passenger

Default Re: alaska next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerenegade
Alaska 2009
Looking for suggestions on Alaskan cruises for next June or July 2009--where to fly in to and get on ship
any help would be appreciated--experienced at cruising but never flown-live in NC
thanks
Kathy
we went round trip from seattle this past May on Star princess. I would fly into seattle a day or two early take the ferry across to victoria BC and spend the whole day or night. Our ship stopped in victoria from 6pm-12am not enough time for this beautiful city. We loved princess it was very cold and the tea
service everyday at 3pm was a perfect way to warm-up and to get a great snack. We had a penthouse suite which was fantastic for the glacier viewing. Princess is very quite with not alot of activities however we found it perfect for just relaxing. The Suite came with a thermal spa pass for a week that was excellent since it was so cold. You could lay on the hot stone beds and just melt away.
Adventure of the seas
Old August 6th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Beginner

Default Alaska cruise

Going on our third Alaska cruise next month. This is our second time on Princess and the other was Holland America. Both were great but I found the food a little better on Princess. On each cruise we booked the mini suite. Holland had the larger suite and larger balcony but Princess was just fine. You can actually do a lot of research bu going to the cruiseline websites themselves. Whatever you like to do while cruising I sure you can find the answers there. Have a great cruise. You will love alaska.