Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 30th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Beginner

Default Fly to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale?

I've tried to look through other posts on here to see if anyone else has posted this information and I can't find it. We are leaving for our honeymoon cruise out of the Port of Miami on a Friday and were going to fly down there Thursday night. I've looked into flights into both Ft. Lauderdale and Miami and can't decide which to do. Is there any easy way to get from the Ft. Lauderdale Airport to the Port of Miami the morning or the cruise? Any recommendations on where to stay in either Miami or Ft. Lauderdale that is cheap yet safe and close to transportation to the Port?

Thanks so much for any advice!
Sponsored Links
Old May 30th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Administrator
Admiral

If there isn't a large price difference I would strongly recommend going into Miami. The transportation cost between FLL and the port of Miami will run anywhere from $60 to $100, each way.

I would give Priceline a try for a hotel. Go three or four stars in the downtown Miami zone. You should be able to get something around $75/$125 per night.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 30th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I was recently checking for air to both those cities and there was a big difference. Miami was quite a bit higher. But factor in the hotel, and the expense of a shuttle and see how you come out.

In Lauderdale you can do the Amerisuites or the Emabassy Suites, also The Holiday Inn Express .

Check this site out for shuttle info.
http://www.floridalimo.com/

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 2nd, 2008, 02:29 PM
Admiral

personally i hate flying in and out of Miami International Airport, its just such a hassle, Ft. Lauderdale is so much easier. If given the choice, i would fly into Ft. Lauderdale, make arrangements before hand for shuttle service to my hotel in Miami and from the cruise pier back to Ft. Lauderdale with the same company there are alot of shuttle service companies to choose from.- the Holiday Inn at Bayside Marketplace in Miami is a good choice and not horribly expensive, that way all you would have to do is when you check into your hotel, is to find out if they offer shuttle service to the pier, the vast majority of them do either complimentary or for a small fee.