Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 9th, 2008, 12:52 AM
Beginner

Default Alaska inside passage cell phone service

Is there any cell phone service on the inside passage cruises ?
Sponsored Links
Old June 9th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Administrator
Admiral

You will receive cell service at almost all ports in the inside passage. Now that cellular-at-sea service is available on most ships you will have cell service while you are at sea.

Now for the bad news: The onboard cellular service is expensive. It is charged at your service providers International Roaming rates. Minimum of $2.95/minute. You will need to contact your service provider and add International Roaming to your list of services. This service is usually no charge.

The charge for service in the inside passage ports will be dependent on your service plan. I have Verizon Nationwide Service with xxxx minutes per month. None of the ports (Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, Sitka) were not additional. I am also not charged, outside of my plan for Canada so Vancouver and Victoria were also not additional. Check your plan for your rates.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me