Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 20th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Beginner

Default Return flight from BCN to JFK

I booked air with Delta for a 12 day cruise with RCCL this Nov. We fly from JFK to BCN and get there a day before the cruise leaves. The cruise ends in Barcelona on Nov 25 and is supposed to dock there at 5AM on the 25th. My flight from BCN to JFK is scheduled to leave at 10AM. i had felt pretty comfortable with that but a friend tells me that's cutting it very close, and the more I think about it the more worried I am. Before I had decided to book my own air, I had been speaking to RCCL's cruise air rep, and he said that they would not book a return flight that was BEFORE 10AM. So I figured 10AM would be ok. I'd be interested in some informed opinions on this, as well as any tips on insuring that we get off the ship as early as possible. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2008, 11:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

that is too close. The ship may dock at 0500 but u will not be leaving the ship until 8-9. by the time the ship clears customs and stuff they probably won't let u off the ship prior to 0700, then u have to wait to find your luggage board bus or taxi and head to airport. U may want to look at the noon flt to jfk.
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds
Old June 23rd, 2008, 09:49 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkerwin
that is too close. The ship may dock at 0500 but u will not be leaving the ship until 8-9. by the time the ship clears customs and stuff they probably won't let u off the ship prior to 0700, then u have to wait to find your luggage board bus or taxi and head to airport. U may want to look at the noon flt to jfk.
Thanks for the reply, even though I was hoping for something more optimistic. I'm starting to realize I really screwed up. I called Delta and at this point making a change on the return flight would end up costing me about $420 per ticket, and I purchased 4 tickets. The change fee portion of that is $200 per ticket. I'm hanging my only hope on the fact that on RCCL's website there's a page where you plug in all the pertinent info, and it gives you the latest flight you should book for going, and the EARLIEST flight for returning. In my case it says 9:55AM for a returnng flight. Ironically that's 5 minutes before my scheduled departure time. So that would seem to imply that, in the case of this particulr cruise, a 10AM flight is cutting it very close, but should be ok. I am SO hoping that they're right. Thanks again.
Old June 23rd, 2008, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

You'll be fine! In European embark/disembark ports, because of connecting flights to the U.S., unless something unusual happens, they start disembarkation between 5 and 6 AM
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 23rd, 2008, 12:17 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki
You'll be fine! In European embark/disembark ports, because of connecting flights to the U.S., unless something unusual happens, they start disembarkation between 5 and 6 AM
Thank you so much! That really made me feel better. Also, shortly after I posted my message here, I called RCCL about it. I ended up booking their ground transportation from the ship to the airport, and they said my flight time allowed for me to use their ground transfer. I also emailed RCCL about it and got this response:

"'We received your email, and a 10:00am flight departure does meet our parameters............So your flight at 10:00am is perfect........"

So between their response, and your assurance, I may just get thru this whole thing without an ulcer. Thanks again.