Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 2nd, 2008, 08:49 PM
Passenger

Default Cruise Value Center

Has anyone used Cruise Value Center? We have booked a 10 day southern caribbean cruise on Holland America's Noordam for Jan. 3rd 2009. We have never used this agency and would like to hear from anyone who has. Any help or advice would be greatly apreciated. Thank you. Spacecowboy
Sponsored Links
Old July 3rd, 2008, 01:30 PM
Captain

I used them several years ago on my first cruise. No complaints they are reputable as far as I know.
RCI Monarch of The Seas 1998
Ecstasy 2000
Carnival Miracle 9/24/07
Upcoming Fascination 11/5/09
Old July 6th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Passenger

Default Cruise Value Center

Thanks Joe 323 for the feedback. Much apreciated. Spacecowboy
Old August 14th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Beginner

I have, will not again. There is a whole discussion of floating final payments on another forum. Took me several week to get my final payment applied to my booking.
Old August 17th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to bklyncruiser
Default My friend Wanted a higher interior cabin

I had a friend who booked with Cruise Value Center twice and was ok for the first time.

Second time around she booked the 7/7/08 Carnival Victory 5-night Canada where Carnival was running a promo for Past Guest Cruiser since she had cruised with Carnival in the past.

She originally paid for the cheapest interior guarantee and got upgraded to the worst cabin on deck number 2 (Main) located on the forward part of the ship. She really wanted the higher interior cabin on midship.

She wanted midship. As in Carnival's policy, once all TBA's are assigned to a cabin, there is not changes to be made and are final.

I explained to her that my TA was the best one who monitored everything from special promo the cruise lines is running.

I told my friend call my TA about the Past Guest promo. When my friend called my TA about this promo, my TA told her off the bat call Cruise Value Center to give you the higher interior cabin and be patient.

The stupid part Cruise Value Center charged her $5 per person to adjust her booking. I called my TA and my TA laughed like hell that the average agency charge for rate monitoring and promo change where he can do it in a minute at no charge. My TA told me most average agencies overlooked everything when they rebate and messed up the math around. My TA told me these agencies lowball people they have the lowest prices by hitting them with booking, name change, rate adjustment, and cancellation fees to make up the loss by rebating.

My friend was happy she was able to get a midship cabin located on empress deck (7).

I told my friend the next time you find something cheap you need a certified cruise counsellor whom my TA is right now who does not have any upfront fees with legitimate pricing you get from the cruise line.
Old September 3rd, 2008, 09:57 AM
Passenger

I can't even get them to change my dining time, imagine if I had a real problem...
Old September 3rd, 2008, 10:07 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halosfan2005
I can't even get them to change my dining time, imagine if I had a real problem...
Probably true, however, dining times are NOT guaranteed, and it seems that out of the last 5 cruises I've taken, at least 4 of them had the wrong dining times on them. I simply rush to the matre 'd upon embarkation, and have that changed.
If you had a REAL problem, it seems that you could "forget-about-it".

Happy sailing,

Ken
"SKY"
Old September 9th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

This has been asked and answered...

CVC has some very good prices and even offers free travel insurance or pre-paid gratuities with balcony cabins on some cruise lines. These are very good values you won't find with the vast majority of cruise agencies.

However, the company does not like to change details with your reservation and will charge you a change fee.

If you book with them you can get a great deal - but make sure you have everything correct before you book, because changing things can be problematic and expensive.