Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 30th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Beginner

Default military discounts

I read the news item re military discounts on RC would that now also be ture on Celebrity? what is the best way to find out if one is available on certain cruises? I am sure it will not be available on all Cruises
thank you
Sponsored Links
Old October 30th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Admiral

For the past 4 years, we always get our best military rates thru Interliner.com. They offer the rates to all imediate family members by just using their family member's ID. They are also for airline employees and family.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old October 31st, 2008, 12:28 AM
Cruise Maniac

Celebrity offers military discounts to active, reserve and retired members of the U.S. military and the Canadian Forces. Qualifying military personnel must present a photocopy of current military ID at the time of booking. Go Celebrity's web site find your cruise then talk to your TA. I have seem anywhere from $30 off the cheapest inside to $300 off the cheapest suite on their site but talk to a Travel Agent. I didn't see anything about ex military vets others cruise lines do.
Old November 1st, 2008, 01:45 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Jean Chigas
Default Got big discount

I booked with NCL (first time on this cruisline). When I asked about military discount TA got back to me with a $356. discount. My husband is not active or retired from militay, just honorably discharged! What a surprise!
Old November 1st, 2008, 02:25 PM
Admiral

Carnival has a military discount as well.
Marty
Old November 1st, 2008, 08:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

jean chiqas

NCL is good on their military discounts and also offer discounts for over 55, Unions and Latitudes (two or more cruises with them), and others too.
Most lines offer these discounts as well. Ask your TA for all the discounts.

D
Old November 2nd, 2008, 05:15 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

10-28-08
Carnival Offers Special Military Discount Rates
In honor of Veteran's Day, Carnival Cruise Lines is introducing a promotion throughout November that allows active and retired military personnel to book up to three "Fun Ship" staterooms at discounted rates for themselves and their friends and family members.

Reservations must be made between Nov. 1-30, 2008, to qualify for this special offer, which is available in conjunction with a wide range of three- to 12-day "Fun Ship" departures through Dec. 31, 2009, including voyages to The Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexico, Alaska and Hawaii.

Rates start at $159 per person for three-day cruises from Miami and Port Canaveral, Fla., and five-day cruises from New Orleans and Jacksonville, Fla.; from $189 for four-day cruises from Mobile, Ala., and Jacksonville; from $309 per person for seven-day cruises from Miami, Galveston, Texas, and Port Canaveral; and from $359 per person for six-day voyages from Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

The promotion is valid for individual bookings only, availability is capacity controlled and this promotion cannot be combined with any other discount offer. Fare code CPM1 must be requested during the reservations process and military personnel must provide proof of service. Certain other restrictions apply.

10-28-08
Royal Caribbean Also Offers Military Discount Rates
Royal Caribbean International has a new special offer of up to $200 off per stateroom for active and retired military personnel. Veterans and servicemen who make a new cruise booking between now and November 30, 2008, for any upcoming sailings through the end of 2009, will receive $50 off per stateroom for three- to five-night cruises; $100 off per stateroom for six- to nine-night cruises; and $200 off per stateroom for 10-night cruises and longer.

The special savings for members of the U.S. military can be extended up to two additional staterooms for family and friends to share in a memorable reunion and vacation.

The special savings can be applied to the full range of Royal Caribbean International itineraries (except for Oasis of the Seas), from three and four-night cruises out of Florida to seven-night and longer cruises departing from ports around the world. For example, convenient short cruise getaways departing Miami on Majesty of the Seas are currently available for as low as $104 per person with the savings applied.

Seven-night cruise vacations, such as Southern Caribbean itineraries departing San Juan, Puerto Rico, aboard Adventure of the Seas and Alaska itineraries departing Seward, Alaska, aboard Radiance of the Seas are available for as low as $349 and $549 per person, respectively. Or, 14-night Australia and New Zealand long cruises departing in January 2009 from Sydney aboard Rhapsody of the Seas are as low as $799 per person. All sample rates are based on double occupancy with the applicable savings applied. Fuel supplement also will apply.

To take advantage of the savings for a Royal Caribbean International cruise vacation, veterans and current servicemen should contact their travel agent, call (800) ROYAL-CARIBBEAN, or visit www.royalcaribbean.com.
Old November 2nd, 2008, 06:55 PM
Beginner

I have tried to check out the prices for some Carnival cruises on their website. I can't find any that will accept the "CPM1" code. Maybe have to wait for the first work day in November for the site to be updated.

Alan
Old November 8th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Familiar Face

Default rci discount

Hi all,

My husband is a disabled vet and we rec'd a $150.00 discount off a junior suite on a cruise we took in Sept. We just had to show a DD213 at the desk when we checked in.
Old January 15th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Beginner

I am a Military veteran with a service connected disability, and got almost $200 off the regular cruise price on Carnival. I made my reservation Jan 3rd of this year. Sailing Carnival Fascination on Dec. 21, 2009. All I had to do was fax in a copy of my DD214. Sweet!
Old February 12th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Carnival

I recently booked a July09 cruise this week with Carnival Holiday. I recieived my military discount. I 'm no longer am active, (12 yrs out)
Old February 12th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Familiar Face

The best advice I can offer is to have your TA, or if you are using a cruise company rep, check your eligibility for a military discount. Different cruise lines have different requirements i.e., active duty, reserve, retired, honorably discharged, etc.. And, sometimes, different sailing dates, with the same itinerary and the same ship, will have the discount available. If you like the time frame, the itinerary and are flexible, you may catch a sailing that does have the military discount available.