Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 26th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Beginner

Default transfer from orlando to port of miami? HELP ;')

Hi there - great site! you helped me last year and I wanted to see if I could I pick your brain one more time

1. we are going to be in orlando and need to get to the port of miami on 12/21 - what is your advice on the best way to get there, rent a car or do they have transfers? any thoughts?

2. when we get back we need to get to a hotel in Fort lauderdale, best to rent a car one way or take a shuttle?

your thoughts?

thanks and happy thanksgiving!
Sponsored Links
Old November 26th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Admiral

Google shuttles for cruises. Going down it might be the cheapest way to go, but the times are very rigid. The one I know of is Cruise Connections. Otherwise, you will probably need to rent a car or book a local flight.
Marty
Old November 26th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I Just checked a couple of Orlando area shuttle services I have bookmarked, and, they don't show that route at all.

I really think the best and most economical way is to rent a car, or van.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 27th, 2008, 06:13 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

There are shuttle services that will do it - check our cruisemates articles on Orlando area shuttles:

Transportation (these links refer to Tampa or Port Canaveral, but the companies will also do Miami if asked)

Transportation for cruisers flying in and out of Orlando is easy. Most of the larger hotels offer free transportation to the theme parks, and taxi and limousine service can be arranged by hotels' guest services. Otherwise, Thrifty Car Rental (1-800-847-4389) offers a special discount to Florida travelers.

Orlando Ride (www.Orlandoride.com, 888-311-4227) will pick up anywhere in Orlando and offers rates for vans: 1-5 persons $70 one-way, $140 round-trip; 1-7 persons, $85 one-way, $160 round-trip; 1-10 persons, $105 one-way, $200 round-trip. Limos: $125 one-way for up to 10 people and $245 round-trip.

Top One Tours offers round-trip service between Orlando International and any Disney hotel, or central Florida including Port Canaveral starting at just $80.

Mears Transportation (www.mearstransportation.com) contracts with Carnival and Disney for $15 per person one way and $30 per person round-trip, including children over 3. They begin pickups at the Orlando airport at 10 a.m. and continue until 2:30 p.m. Returns--8 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.

Limousines, Limo Bus, Motor Coaches, Mini Buses, Passenger Vans & Town Car for individuals, families & large. Orlando to Port Canaveral as a specialty. Also all central Florida attractions and anywhere within the state of Florida. (407) 996-7171 or (866) 214-7888. www.elite-transportation.com

Also, Alpha Omega Transportation (www.alphaomegatransportation.com, 352-243-7199) has a basic price of $20 one way, $30 round-trip.

Some of these companies will only pick up from the Orlando airport and select hotels, so it is best to inquire first.

These shuttle usually specialize in going to Tamapa or Port Canaveral, but they will take you to Miami. These are best if you have 4 to 6 people with luggage. A littlemore than renting a car, but far more comvenient.