Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 12th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Passenger

Default Missing on-board credits

My wife and I booked a Holland-America cruise through SmartCruiser and part of the deal was a bonus $50 each on-board credit. (We were offered the same price through our usual agent - Vacations to Go - but they couldn't match the bonus so we went with SmartCruiser for the first time.)

When we received our on-board account near the end of the cruise there was no sign of the credit, so I asked at Front Desk and HAL confirmed that they had not received anything for us from SmartCruiser.

On arriving home I contacted SmartCruiser and was told that their accounting office will investigate and reply to me. That was over a week ago, and I am wondering if this is a scam. How long can it take to check that something wasn't paid?

I have two questions:
1) have you heard of this happening often?
2) is there a Federal or State agency to whom I can complain?

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

It could have been a clerical error, but the time frame for them getting back to you is certainly annoying...give them a ,or calls again, if you don't get an answer this week...They may now not want to give you a refund, probably wanting you to book again, with them and offer you the onboard credit for that cruise....

We once tried contacting CLIA,and got nowhere...if you have documentation of this credit, and paid by credit card, contact the cc company and lodge a complaint..good luck, and let us know how it all plays out.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 12th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Passenger

I have just had a reply from SmartCruisers saying that they will send $100 to my credit card.

Apparently they saw $100 already on my on-board account (which had come from HAL) and thought it was from them so didn't process another one.

All's well that ends well :-)
Old January 12th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

yayayay, one for the good guys

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 17th, 2009, 01:48 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Missing on-board credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bermuda Triangle
My wife and I booked a Holland-America cruise through SmartCruiser and part of the deal was a bonus $50 each on-board credit. (We were offered the same price through our usual agent - Vacations to Go - but they couldn't match the bonus so we went with SmartCruiser for the first time.)

When we received our on-board account near the end of the cruise there was no sign of the credit, so I asked at Front Desk and HAL confirmed that they had not received anything for us from SmartCruiser.

On arriving home I contacted SmartCruiser and was told that their accounting office will investigate and reply to me. That was over a week ago, and I am wondering if this is a scam. How long can it take to check that something wasn't paid?

I have two questions:
1) have you heard of this happening often?
2) is there a Federal or State agency to whom I can complain?

Thank you.
We had almost the same thing a few years back-- different cruise line and different agent they offered two items my TA could not match, one item we never got and the other took months to get with a lot of phone calls. The cruise line had nothing to do with this so we never talked with them. Good deals with freebe's are not always the best. It's back to our TA and will never use the little "Nome" again.
Old January 17th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Passenger

Yes - often safer to stick with those you know

However, we now have the $100 credit so will give SmartCruisers a second chance :-)

Happy Cruising!