Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Beginner

Default HAL CANADA/NEW ENGLAND questions

Hi,

I am looking to book a Canada/New England cruise in May 2010 (15 days). I have 2 questions.

1- When usually Holland America "normally" puts on sale Canada/New England cruises? In February, March, etc?

2- Is it true that if you book early a cruise and the category stateroom price drops down few months later, you can ask you travel agent to book you that "new" price? That way you do not have to wait for that "lowest price" before booking?

Thank You for your help
1st time cruiser
Mathieu Rheaume
Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2009, 03:38 PM
First Mate

dear mathieu: i am on the ftlaud to montreal run on the maasdam from may 8 through may 23. my fifth time on this ship, whichi really enjoy. the real issue with the cruise was air fare,
since i'll be flying out of atlanta and returning montreal to atlanta; that was half of the cruise cost. i am in cabin e788 , outside, a deck, and as usual i am solo. still, overall the cost wasn't bad considered the add-ons. i love my ta, and i know well the hal rep in this area since he was a parishioner of mine; they do their best. but there is just so much they can do. i don't know if the cost will go down closer to the cruise date; if so, my ta will try to get me a break. but hal is rather rigid about these things. but, friend mathiew, my name is doug, and if you are on this cruise, perhaps we can meet. peace
Old January 28th, 2009, 03:42 PM
First Mate

oh, so sorry, mathieu. i see you are on for 2010. have a great cruise; i wouldn't know to think ahead that far.
Old January 29th, 2009, 11:45 AM
First Mate

mathieu, i am a bit red-faced; i intended to reply to your very kind personal email, but somehow hit the wrong key and deleted you. i am old enough to be your dad, and grew up in the file-folder generation. when you dropped the file on the floor, it wasn't gone for good. now, i would like to respond to you, so why not write me a little personal e so i'll have something to hang on to and get back to you? besides, might i suggest you post your inquiry on the holland america site, or perhaps 'cruise destinations,' or 'all things cruising' or may even chit-chat for cruisers. i am no cm staff member, and sometimes these folks get a bit testy about posting on what they consider an inappropriate site. let me hear from you, and we'll talk; i have 20 cruises on hal, including a ny to montreal cruise a couple of years ago. hope they don't delete this, so you can get the message. peace. doug
Old March 14th, 2009, 09:06 PM
First Mate

Mathieu... <waving from Carre St. Louis>

I haven't been on HAL but on Princess they were very happy to move me up a few categories when the price went down. I use a TA in Arkansas and an email to her was enough to get me moved after I noticed the price drop. Then Princess upgraded us on their own because of the price drops. We moved from an inside to the bottom level of balconies. Just keep watching your cruise and drop a note to your agent if the price dips.

Most of the cruiselines seem to post most of their cruses about a year in advance. But this year may be different. Because of the economy some of them have had to change their plans.