Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2009, 05:30 AM
Beginner

Default cruise vouchers - safe/risky?

Hi there,

My parents have been considering going on a cruise for years now. I'd like to treat them and I've been looking at some voucher deals (specifically ones on www.cruisevoucher.co.uk. My one big concern though is how the present economic climate might affect such companies.
Given that many airlines have been closing down, I just can't help but worry. I like the idea of a voucher because it gives them the option to decide when and where. But I'd hate to think that there might be some risk of the company folding before the voucher would expire. A 3-year timeframe is not too long for a healthy company to find itself in trouble.

would you guys have any knowledge of cruise companies who deal in vouchers? And any thoughts on the future stability of their industry?

thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old February 4th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Admiral

I have never used a voucher company for exactly the reasons you stated. But, I have made up my own. If you are good with a computer, you can make them pretty fancy, even make up a company name that is really you. Set up a bank account for putting that money aside. But, even a hand written note promising a certain amount has been allocated to their cruise works. I have done that.
Nice son!
Marty
Old June 26th, 2009, 03:35 PM
First Mate

Default Cruise Voucher

You have received some excellant advice. Print your own voucher on your computer. Purchasing a voucher from a web site located in a foreign country seems to me to be asking for trouble Unless you know the company and the people running it I think you would be making a mistake. Stick closer to home!