Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Beginner

Default Port of Miami to FLL Airport

We are cruising the Norwegian Sky this weekend and need to get from Port of Miami to FLL airport next Monday. Our flight is not until 7PM so we are looking for something to do that day...any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old March 9th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Decise who you want to rent a car from. When you leave the airport. walk over to the designated wait area for you chosen company. The shuttle will take you over to pick up your car.

The drive up 95, will take you 45 min to an hour depending on traffic.
In the beach area, you could do Las Olas Blvd, and Beach Place...many nice restaurants in the area....you could also head over to The Swap Shop Flea Market on Sunrise Blvd..or continue on that road to Sawgrass. the outlet mall....

When you return the car in Lauderdale, the car rentaldrop offs are at the airport.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 12th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip
Decise who you want to rent a car from. When you leave the airport. walk over to the designated wait area for you chosen company. The shuttle will take you over to pick up your car.
In this particular case, I would just use the cruise line's transfer service. It would be a lot cheaper and save you the trouble of driving in an unfamiliar area.

I took a cruise once where I booked cruise line air (dumb, dumb, dumb). The cruise was departing Fort Lauderdale, but I guess to save money the cruise line flew me into the Miami Airport and then bussed us over to Fort Lauderdale. You're right. About 45 minutes to an hour. But it was a very comfortable ride, and I think I would go that route before I bothered with renting a car just to get to the pier. A car rental would only be worth it if I were staying for a few days pre or post-cruise and wanted the convenience of one to get around. But just to get to the pier? No, at least to me, it wouldn't be worth it.

Blue skies ...

--rita