Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 30th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Familiar Face

Default PORT or Starboard

Hi,

I am ready to book a family cruise on the dream. I am debating about what rooms to book.

If I book a regular balcony room, should I be on the port or starboard side (right or left)? I would like to see the BEST views of the islands as possible. We are visiting Rotan, Belize, Costa Maya, and Cozumel (if that helps anyone figure out which is better).

Thanks very much. All help is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old April 30th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: PORT or Starboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt690
Hi,

I am ready to book a family cruise on the dream. I am debating about what rooms to book.

If I book a regular balcony room, should I be on the port or starboard side (right or left)? I would like to see the BEST views of the islands as possible. We are visiting Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya, and Cozumel (if that helps anyone figure out which is better).

Thanks very much. All help is greatly appreciated.
It really doesn't matter. When you are at sea you will be too far out to really see anything. The ship will travel in both directions so you'll see the islands either coming or going.

When it comes to the ports it really depends on what berth the ship gets at the ports, except Belize where you tender.

Go by the deck and part of the ship that's best for you and make the side a far lesser consideration.

Or you could book an aft balcony and be able to see aft, port and starboard. Best view, other than the bridge.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 6th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Admiral

I totally agree with Mike. It really doesn't matter which side of the ship you are on, i would be more concerned with which deck and cabin location on that deck.
Old June 26th, 2009, 02:50 PM
First Mate

Default Which Room?

I personally don't think which side of the ship is all that important on a cruise to the locatiosn you listed. Getting a balcony cabin is a good choice and getting a loation toward the center of the ship would be my second choise. I've had cabins all over and one of the more enjoyable was the cabin on the tail end of the ship. Everyone cautioned me the sailing would not be good. We traveled to the far east on a 30 day cruise and the sailing was outstanding. I got to know the fellow passengers in the next cabin and they too were very pleased.Did we see a lot---yes a lot of the ocean. We've also had balconies on each side of the ship and that too was great---we just didn't see a lot of land until we were ready to dock---just like one of the other writers posted. Have a great trip.
Old June 26th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Admiral

I agree that port versus starboard doesn't matter. You can always get a view of the island from on deck and, as Mike said, most of the time there isn't one.
Marty