Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 15th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to mikefaris Send a message via Yahoo to mikefaris
Default Do all cruise Ships have nice blankets?

When you want to stand or lay on the chair on the cold deck in the ocean do all cruise ship have nice blankets?
Can someone upload pictures of the blankets on the cruise ship?
I would like to see who has most cool style blanket on the cruise is it wool fleece or acrylic or cashmere blanket.
Also, is the blanket easy to get on a cruise if cold when on the deck or do you need to bring you own blanket when you travel.

What cruise has the best service of no blanket shortage when you get of the pool do they have towels and blankets there to grab to keep warm.

What Cruise Ship below have for blankets as follows?
1) Celebrity Infinity
2) Celebrity Mercury
3) Princess Star Princess
4) Royal Carribbean Radiance of the Seas.

Does anyone have pictures of the blankets in Alaska cruises?
Just wondering.
Sponsored Links
Old June 16th, 2009, 05:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Yes, they use nice blankets, but I haven't seen anyone use them as a cover-up when cold. I'd just pack a sweater, jacket or sweat shirt and wear that when chilly. If going in the Cairibbean, you certainly won't need a heavy blanket to keep warm. If in Alaska, they have wool throws on deck to use.

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 16th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I have never seen a blanket on any ship I have sailed in over 20 plus cruises...let alone cashmere....Maybe they are available on a transatlantic, or Alaska cruise, where the temps might warrant that...Where and when are you sailing?

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 17th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Admiral

I've only seen them on Alaskan cruises and they were throws, smaller than a blanket. But, good quality wool. If you really feel you need one for your balcony, I'm sure your cabin steward would get you an extra bed blanket.
Marty
Old June 25th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Captain

Mike, you've posted this question at least in three areas. Hopefully you've received many answers by now.

Yes, blankets are available on the deck, on Northern Europe and Alaska cruises. Cashmere is not offered, the blankets or throws are large enough for one person and are either Acrylic or a wool-blend.

Sorry, no pics. Never had a request for blanket pics...
Old June 25th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Admiral

Take your own blanket(s). Then you will net be disappointed.

Even the cruises that offer blankets don't have excellent qualirty ones. If a blanket is important to you, I suggest you provide your own.
Old June 26th, 2009, 08:56 AM
First Mate

Default Blankets

Mike---We just got off a long cruise where I took over 5000 pictures and NOT ONE of them was a ship's blanket. You have now presented me a new opportunity. Sorry I could not help.
Old September 20th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Do all cruise Ships have nice blankets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefaris
When you want to stand or lay on the chair on the cold deck in the ocean do all cruise ship have nice blankets?
Can someone upload pictures of the blankets on the cruise ship?
I would like to see who has most cool style blanket on the cruise is it wool fleece or acrylic or cashmere blanket.
Also, is the blanket easy to get on a cruise if cold when on the deck or do you need to bring you own blanket when you travel.

What cruise has the best service of no blanket shortage when you get of the pool do they have towels and blankets there to grab to keep warm.

What Cruise Ship below have for blankets as follows?
1) Celebrity Infinity
2) Celebrity Mercury
3) Princess Star Princess
4) Royal Carribbean Radiance of the Seas.

Does anyone have pictures of the blankets in Alaska cruises?
Just wondering.
I went on cruise Celebrity Infinity Folio Number 00600174 blankets need replacing in the cabins.. Becareful to bring anything on the ship. it would be stealed by the crew.
Merino wool blanket was dirty i had two on my bed. I asked for theme 3 times. Also asked for special request for 4 months in advance with blankets and body pillow for room 7017 before i booked it.

This is my first cruise and last since they steal my hat and blankets before i leave the boat.
Old September 20th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Honestly I think the blanket issue, was so worrysome to you, that maybe NO blanket onboard would have been the right blanket....

Did you go to your room steward to ask about your body pillow, and if you didn't get it, did you then go to the pursers desk to find out why you were having an issue about it? It does seem a simple request, if they offer them to passengers.

And finally, theft by room stewards, to my knowledge is rare. Not to say it, doesn't happen, but, sorry it happened to you...

I wouldn't let theses issues scare you from cruising again, that is to say, IF, you did enjoy the cruise in general.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 20th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip
Honestly I think the blanket issue, was so worrysome to you, that maybe NO blanket onboard would have been the right blanket....

Did you go to your room steward to ask about your body pillow, and if you didn't get it, did you then go to the pursers desk to find out why you were having an issue about it? Yes and they reply i think so alot on the ship no blanket. Also blanket they gave had dirt spots on it both of theme. Look like very old blankets. I have nice blankets at home that are clean. I was worried they would steal my nice $186 blanket.

It does seem a simple request, if they offer them to passengers. This was my first cruise. I could have got the pent house too. I decide to go conservative route in room 7017 celebrity Infinity. I have pictures too of the nasty blankets if you care and want to see?

And finally, theft by room stewards, to my knowledge is rare. Not to say it, doesn't happen, but, sorry it happened to you... i agree theft issue is sad and did not like that someone new from the staff was in the room touching my blanket and hat. I not sure who this person was. I was not happy about that too. If you want here more facts with pictures call me at *edited for privacy*

I wouldn't let theses issues scare you from cruising again, that is to say, IF, you did enjoy the cruise in general.
i did enjoy the cruise shows and food. I little nevours about room safety since this happen on celebrity infinity. Do all cruise ship touch your stuff when you have locked and secure door? Not sure why this happen to me doing something nice for my mom. All I want in return is my hat and get what i pay for that is all. Good service not like motel 6 style service that is all. I wonder how the luxury cruise ships are? Do they steal from the customers?
Old September 22nd, 2009, 04:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Can't imagine a room steward stealing a hat - perhaps they didn't realize the blanket was your personal one? Sounds pretty bizarre to me. I've even dropped loose change on the floor and had the room steward place it in a neat pile on the desk.

While I've only cruised to Alaska once and that was on HAL, I just can't remember ever seeing blankets on the deckchairs and certainly wouldn't have thought to take a picture of them if I had. Never saw blankets on deck anywhere else, even on several Canada/New England cruises.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 09:01 PM
Familiar Face

Default royal caribbean jewel of the seas do not have throw on the deck why

We all need to complain to owners of royal caribbean to offer throws on the pool deck and other decks when on the cruise instead of just pool towels on the ship. A blanket would be nice on a deck on the blanket or in your room for the balcony.

If they want they could charge to use a throw on the cruise in certain areas when you check in.
I wish there were options on the cruise to have a nice throw to cuddle in to enjoy the view and snuggle in your room and around the ship.

Here is some throws that Royal Caribbean should offer in Boston below in October 21, 2012. To buy or rent on the cruise to increase sales.
I would pay from $10 to $100. For example if Disney water park charges $5 a day to rent a towel and return it to get $2 back after use. Just think how much Royal Caribbean can make on this deal if they have nice blankets on the ship when you want to enjoy the nice big deck or nice balcony on the ship. Just idea.

Blanket website for Royal Caribbean to have on there ship someday.
1)Pendleton Merino Wool Blanket - Kaufmann Mercantile Store

2)https://secureshop.theoregonstore.co...index&cPath=60

3)Blanket monogramming ideas Royal Caribbean where dreams come true.
Pendleton Woolen Mills: ECO-WISE LAMBSWOOL THROW

4)Plaid Woolen Blankets, Plaid Throw, Tartan Blankets - The Scottish Weaver

5) Early s of Witney Henley Merino Wool Blankets

6) Merino wool throws L.L.Bean: FREE Shipping. No minimum order, no end date.

What ever Royal Caribbean does on the Ship Jewel Of the Seas I hope the do something for guest who want blankets on the deck and Balcony on October 21, 2012 when cold weather comes. Just idea. I will post update when I get back from the cruise on October 28th with pictures of blankets and more. To make Royal Caribbean cruise ship leader and winner for 2012 and 2013.
Old March 8th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Familiar Face

Default All royalcaribbean ships have these blankets. But ask for theme.

Royal Wool Blanket
Zoom

Royal Wool Blanket

Exceptionally warm, unexpectedly soft our light, comfortable wool blanket keeps you cozy season after season, thanks to an outstanding combination of durable construction and eady-care convenience. Yarn-dyed so color stays vibrant, wash after wash. Choose form navy blue or baby blue.
Outstanding Features:
  • 100% Wool
  • Edged with acrylic, double-smooth, stitched border
  • Yarn-dyed so colors stay true
  • Super soft and super warm
  • Machine wash and dry
  • Imported. Made in Italy
Dimension & Price:
57″ x 84″ | $ 49.00
Old March 8th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Admiral

I think the poster qualifies for the T.V. program My strange obsession
Old March 8th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I have yet to see actual wool blankets, lately and on both Freedom and Allure of the Seas, nice comforters...plenty warm.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 17th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Familiar Face

At least I made you laugh. But a soft blanket makes me happy. I wish there were soft blankets everywhere. We all deserve to cuddle on a cruise ship, hotel, or hospital. I think we all can change the world to be a more soft and warm place. We all can do more.