Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 22nd, 2009, 01:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default cruise vouchers

I am curious if anybody has used Cruise Direct UK to book a cuise. They offer, at auction, vouchers at www.cruisevouchers.co.uk. The price is really good,but I am wondering if it's one of those cases where "if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is." Thanks
Old June 22nd, 2009, 04:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I'm also thinking the same, too good to be true, but do check it out, you don't have to buy anything.

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 23rd, 2009, 08:15 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default cruise voucher

Donna,
I tried to check out the company with something similar to a BBB in the UK but couldn't find such a company. I have read all the fine print several times but can't find anything wrong. Who knows? It may be a legitimate offer. I would certainly like to talk with somebody that has actually bought, booked, and sailed one of these cruises. If you investigae further please let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
Old June 26th, 2009, 09:14 AM
First Mate

Default Cruise Vouchers

Sorry I know nothing about the company that you listed. I do know though about so called "vouchers" that you see floating around in the United States. For the most part they are bogus. You usually have to put up some kind of cash deposit, you only get the worst rooms even if you get a room at all. These vouchers have been used in land deals and car schemes for as long as I can remember. If the deal looks like it is too good to be true then it is more than likely a fake. Also trying to sort out a bad deal will an overseas location will be nothing short of a nightmare. I took a look at the site you listed and that site shows "vouchers" being sold in varying amounts. I did not see where you were getting anykind of a discount from a cruise company. Is this no more than a "gift card" type purchase? Assuming this is a legimate voucher what advanatge would you derive from a purchase?It was noted that company wants you to confirm your booking (of a cruise) with an initial deposit from a debit or credit card. There are a lot of unknowns here.
Old June 27th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Cruise Maniac

Bill.
The vouchers for cruises with Cruises Direct are offered for auction. The auction site actually has more information about the cruises themselves. It states that the price includes all charges. for 2 people in a cabin. The site of Cruises Direct has the cruises for which you can use the vouchers for. Thanks for your input.