Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 7th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Beginner

Default When do cruises lines typically have thier sales

Hi, I used to use a travel agent to book our vacations and I was told by this person who specializes in cruising that there was a certain time of year that cruise lines typically had there sales. Can you tell me if you know when this is. thanks!!

~k
Sponsored Links
Old July 7th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: When do cruises lines typically have their sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookeypr12
Hi, I used to use a travel agent to book our vacations and I was told by this person who specializes in cruising that there was a certain time of year that cruise lines typically had there sales. Can you tell me if you know when this is. thanks!!

~k
The standard time for lower pricing is: September - December. This does not include "Holiday" cruises. I.E. Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.

Overall these are the lowest priced cruises you will see during the year for the Caribbean.

There are ALWAYS exception to this so it pays to look for "specials".

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 7th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Admiral

We can usually snap up a deal for the weeks in between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I assume most people are too wrapped up, so to speak, in the holidays.
Marty
Old July 7th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Beginner

Thanks!! I knew there was a certain time but I just couldnt remember. We are looking to book next July out of Boston to Bermuda on NCL's Spirit but the pricing isnt screaming book now if you know I mean

~k
Old July 8th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Between March and January, there is something called Wave Season. A highly advertised selling period, and many areas have their travel shows, as Boston has had.....Sailings out of Boston,I have found to not have many deals...The Boston to Bermuda run, is so popular, what they consider a bargain, is not, to many.....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 15th, 2009, 12:39 AM
Admiral

Default Boston To Bermuda-cruise sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookeypr12
Thanks!! I knew there was a certain time but I just couldnt remember. We are looking to book next July out of Boston to Bermuda on NCL's Spirit but the pricing isnt screaming book now if you know I mean

~k
Try to hold off if your in the Boston area to go to the Travel Show at the Seaport.. February is cruise month and the deals at the show can be fantastic...with cruise lines offering so much.. Personally, with a bit of luck I hope to book the Spirit at the show myself for the first week in June..I've already told my t/a I've gotten what I think are great deals at the show.. and you can probably wheel and deal.. On the other hand.. my cruise agent has blocks (from MA) of cabins already set aside..but I'm going to wait until I get credits from an NCL cruise I'm taking this November.
Old July 23rd, 2009, 06:11 PM
Admiral

This year cruise sales and bargains are coming out almost daily.
I get emails and letters with specials about 4 times a week.

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Old July 23rd, 2009, 06:52 PM
Admiral

Default BARGAINS

According to something I just read one of the cruise lines are saying that prices are bottoming out..and they will rise..If your looking for last minute deals.. y ou may find a bargain.. but I myself just booked a cruise for 10/10 and got the cabin and location I want...bargain no.. at least I don't think so..but only time will tell.. Meanwhile the cruise from Boston to Bermuda is pretty darn high, because of the demand from the Port of Boston.. I mean for heavens sakes I can get a mini suite on the NCL Gem for a trans-atlantic for what a seven day cruise to Bermuda is going to cost me if i'm lucky in a cabin with a balcony. Parrot Mom wants what she wants and it's location, location and location..lol..
Old July 23rd, 2009, 07:29 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip
Between March and January, there is something called Wave Season. A highly advertised selling period, and many areas have their travel shows, as Boston has had.....Sailings out of Boston,I have found to not have many deals...The Boston to Bermuda run, is so popular, what they consider a bargain, is not, to many.....
Hawaii is that way also. I would love a Hawaiian cruise, but it's never low enough to book.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old July 23rd, 2009, 07:36 PM
Admiral

Default HAWAII OR NOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip
Hawaii is that way also. I would love a Hawaiian cruise, but it's never low enough to book.
WELL, you have to one day if you really, really want to go.. bite the bullet..and book. We have just done one of my bucket lists places..The Amazon.. We have wanted to go to Israel for many years and with age and mobility problems we just knew the past few years that it would be difficult..The Celebrity Equinox Holyland cruise has a wonderful itinerary for next October which includes Jerusalem and haifa.. and we booked it. More $$$ for a shorter cruise than we normally would pay, but we are getting older and time is fleeting..so ...the hell with it.. it's only $$ and as we say "we are spending our children's inheiritance"...we worked for it and want to enjoy it as long as we can.